Offtopic: My first attempt at home recording. Vocals and piano by moi. Hope you like it.

You don't need to distort your voice... Personally I think vocals should almost always be as natural as possible.

If you like what it sounds like, though, I can't stop you from doing it. :P

Great stuff like welsh said.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I really want to figure out something to make my drum room slightly quieter... mum says my new drum kit is too loud. Any ideas? And it has to be cheap - I've just spent heaps on a new kit...

Edited by D3T0N4T0R

signatureig.jpg

Sometimes I think the world would be much better without so much technology. ~ Sent from my iPhone.

TEAIM - Problem solved!

I have them, but that takes out the sound completely... not very useful for the band. But those seem like a slightly better quality than what I have. Thanks, I'll have a look at them.

signatureig.jpg

Sometimes I think the world would be much better without so much technology. ~ Sent from my iPhone.

TEAIM - Problem solved!

Offtopic: My first attempt at home recording. Vocals and piano by moi. Hope you like it.

Oh my god. A-FRIKKIN-MAZING. Album? Album cover for my iPod PLZ?

That's a cover of Owl City, isn't it? Better than the original. Try writing your own song?

Edited by csm725

Very nice song Zwicky. It sounds great! :D If I were you, I'd invest in a good microphone, and then you could start mastering your songs. ;)

Haha totally (I was using my SingStar microphone)! I'm looking into obtaining a Shure SM58 ;)

Oh my god. A-FRIKKIN-MAZING. Album? Album cover for my iPod PLZ?

That's a cover of Owl City, isn't it? Better than the original. Try writing your own song?

You're a skilled Paint.NET-er you can whip an album cover just as easily as I could! I haven't exactly made one...

But I'm glad you like it. Song-writing is my next step, over the six-week Christmas holidays I'm going to try and make my own EP with my own songs and a cover or two.

retrofont.jpg

Don't insult SingStar microphones. :< I'm thinking of auditioning for the Finnish Idols just to see how far I can get.

Yeah, my band uses SingStar mics plugged into a tiny Ashton amp at practice :D

signatureig.jpg

TEAIM - Problem solved!

I really want to figure out something to make my drum room slightly quieter... mum says my new drum kit is too loud. Any ideas? And it has to be cheap - I've just spent heaps on a new kit...

Cardboard egg cartons. Open them. Glue them to the walls. Leave no surface uncovered.

Later you can paint them boltbait.wink.png (no, I'm not joking. See: http://www.acousticsfirst.com/eggc.htm?)

And cheap yes? Just don't die from cholesterol poisoning after eating 124000 eggs!

Detonator, then you can paint them green, all day!

Why would I do that? I'd put a whole Green Day theme all over it. That'd be awesome.

But there's one slight problem...

I don't like eggs.

But I'm sure I'll be able to figure out something...

signatureig.jpg

TEAIM - Problem solved!

Ummmmm, what's with that? You need to put a link to the actual website that doesn't let you get off it. Give B00k W0rm a buzz and he'll give it to you. Otherwise, I have no idea what that post is all about.

signatureig.jpg

TEAIM - Problem solved!

@csm: No :/ I'm only studying advanced maths* because our student counsellor told me that it'll boost my chances of getting into university considerably.

* In Finnish gymnasiums (optional, 3 years, around ages ~16-18) there are two types of maths courses: "advanced" and "basic" (unofficial and inaccurate translations by me). Advanced maths is more theoretical and tries to understand the logic of things, whereas basic is more focused on the more practical and useful side.

We don't have classes in our gymnasium so what we learn isn't tied with how many years we've studied. There are some rather interesting restrictions though. If you're going to take the German (or other foreign language) final exam for example, you have to study the first three courses on your first year at school, and for some reason you're not allowed to take two P.E courses on the same year. :O

Ummmmm, what's with that? You need to put a link to the actual website that doesn't let you get off it. Give B00k W0rm a buzz and he'll give it to you. Otherwise, I have no idea what that post is all about.

You don't know what being Rick Rolled is?

71js6g_th.png

I changed my signature. HAPPY??!

Well, yes, I know what being Rick-rolled is, it's just that I had seen the video, and when the title said 'RickRoll'D', I immediately expected that the video would be that exact one. So I wasn't actually RickRolled. Hence, I don't know why it was put there under the title 'RockRoll'D'.

signatureig.jpg

TEAIM - Problem solved!

Well, yes, I know what being Rick-rolled is, it's just that I had seen the video, and when the title said 'RickRoll'D', I immediately expected that the video would be that exact one. So I wasn't actually RickRolled. Hence, I don't know why it was put there under the title 'RockRoll'D'.

Good point. Though you could've just said that originally to save us all this trouble.

I'm going to hate going back to school...

71js6g_th.png

I changed my signature. HAPPY??!