Is that Jell-o?

That's gelatin, yes (jell-o is too nice of a name for cooked animal bones)

I... what? Just... what? Did you just wake up or come in to find that on your desk?

No, I'm from Germany, not Finland :D

I love all the keys scrambled randomly in that green gelatin block :D

Edited by Frontcannon

Gelatin can be made from either bovine bone marrow or from pig's skin. It's disgusting, and one could achieve almost identical results with pectin.

Was that photo taken by you or did you find it somewhere in the internet? It's seems like your co-workers really like you. :roll:

___

I'm thinking of starting a vegan diet.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I don't quite follow?

Let me clarify. I'm in Germany, not Finland.

And no, that's not my work desk :bertie:

It's from teh internets.

I'm thinking of starting a vegan diet.

Vegetarian I can understand, but vegan not. What's so bad about eating eggs (if they aren't from laying batteries and such)?

Edited by Frontcannon

You don't understand why I don't want to eat unborn chicks? :/ Eggs aren't significant to humans from a nutritional perspective; the contain aminoacids and vitamin D but nothing one wouldn't get elsewhere.

I don't want to eat dairy products because a) drinking the milk of another species doesn't seem right to me and B) my stomach doesn't handle it well anyway.

E: Yes, I know they're not really unborn chicks. Still, it just doesn't feel right.

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I don't drink milk either (don't like it and it's not necessary past childhood), but noone will ever take my Gouda away D:

And yes, eggs != unborn chicks. Hens lay an egg everyday, and if it's not fertilized it'll just rot. So better eat it!

On another note, today's Google logo annoys me, simply because of how unexplained it is.

Very much agreed. Any speculations? Particles...atoms...molecules...?

Or, perhaps, the people at Google simply wish to poke fun at us and drive us insane from not knowing what the event is.

Hope you're all right, EER.

Thanks Kemaru, and all of you who have been thinking of us.

We are all right, thankfully. No damage & no injuries. We were lucky, many in the area have lost entire houses, buildings and businesses. This will take a long time to recover from.

Aftershocks are not easy to deal with - you keep holding your breath and wondering "is this another big one?". VERY disconcerting. Two significant aftershocks this morning alone.

I was rather hoping my workplace would be reduced to rubble boltbait.lol.png

They insist on using IE6 - they deserve to be rubble bubblerevolution.devlish.png

Of course if they upgraded to firefox I'd dig them out with my bare handsboltbait.lol.png

I got an email of Mr Bean in the same vein. This was my favourite: http://twitpic.com/13dri5