Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I think he was referring to that blog post.. :monocole:

Oh, yes, you're right. I've been busy with finals and haven't really kept up with goings-on here at the forum, other than banning spammers and moving non-tutorial threads out of the Tutorials forum...

It came from this StackOverflow question so there are some people using some of these terms; I dunno about "patently wrong." Definitely ridiculous though. I like "doctype decoration" and "Pokemon exception handling" (which I'm often guilty of!).

Oh, I was referring to the blog link I posted earlier where the guy was talking about conspiracy theories or something.

Sad and random fact:

A little more than 43% of all posts on this forum are in The Grand Theory of everything. Ouch.

And a little less than 24% of all posts in The Grand Theory of Everything are in The Off topic Thread!

Congrats (or not) on the second one!

That means that 10% of all posts are in here. Wait, that doesn't sound right...

But anyway, congrats to usedHONDA!

Edit:

Or is that a rant?

Edited by himself22

I don't find it surprising that a good portion of the discussion on this forum isn't Paint.NET related - after all, most of the discussion to be had isn't Paint.NET related.

Therefore I think it's perfectly natural for a good portion of the activity to be in the Overflow... the forum is usually kind and considerate, a good place to have a discussion online.

Well, that was an...interesting senior year of high school.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm just popping in, or if I'm going to stay for a bit longer. I'll see, I suppose.

For the time being, I plan on staying around here for at least a few days following Monday, as tomorrow I will be out of town, and for possibly the entire weekend as well.

himself22, the correct stats are, as of 5/20/2010, 6:20 PM (18:20):

Statistic 1: Pct. posts in Grand Theory out of Whole Forum: (116139/302762) = 38.35 = 38.4 = 38 percent.

Statistic 2: Pct. posts in Offtopic Thread out of Grand Theory: (27844/116139) = 23.97 = 24.0 = 24 percent.

Statistic 3: Pct. posts in Offtopic Thread out of Whole Forum = Statistic 1 * Statistic 2 = (0.3835)*(0.2397) = 0.092 = 9.2 = 9%

Those are correct for that date, but I gurauntee (How do you spell that?) you that mine were correct of the day posted. And since the denominator has changed because posting in other areas is more common, than it would have been a greater increase in the numerator than the denominator, hence the percent has gone down ever so slightly.

Subsequent to the decreased percentage of the Grand Theory of Everything's to the rest of the forum, the off topic thread must go down because if the sub topic it's in has gone down, it must unless if it compensates with an immense increase in posting.

So since 0.2397*0.43=0.103071 or 0.10 or 10% and 0.3835*0.2397=0.092 or 0.09 or 9%, we are both correct.

And I'm sorry if I don't keep my statistics updated and posted every few days, it's my fault, I'm sorry. (lol JK I wanted to take a quote from here .)

Now quick math test, what's the square root of negative 1? No Google!

Edited by himself22

i - no Google used.

And that is cool, 9.2 percent of all posts are in this thread! 

EDIT - I just realized we could have done this:

# posts in off topic thread / # of posts in forum...

to get the same result of 9.2 percent. *facepalm*

Edited by csm725

Awesome, but since I got the percent of the grand theory of everything posts to the forum first, than the percent of off topic to grand theory, it would've been easier for me to just multiply because I didn't keep the numbers of the total posts in the forum.