The <off topic> thread

Free antivirus software is generally much better than paid. McAfee and Norton are huge, worthless bits of bloatware. Compare to AVG, Avast, or MSE, which are all free and lightweight.

I used to have Avast at one point, but it got annoying, so I started using AGV. That was also a little in the way for me (I constantly found myself disabling it to free up some RAM). Then, one day, Lifehacker had a headline saying that Panda released a free cloud antivirus... I instantly downloaded and installed it.

I still use it, love it. Becaues it's Panda, I know it's good [they're known for their epic Panda Scan]. But the real hooker is the cloud-computing concept, where instead of bogging down your computer, consuming tons of CPU and RAM while scanning, it simply sends the data to Panda's servers, where it does the dirty work over there and sends back the results. I forget it's there, so I never disable it :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

...Then, one day, Lifehacker had a headline saying that Panda released a free cloud antivirus... I instantly downloaded and installed it.

I still use it, love it. Becaues it's Panda, I know it's good [they're known for their epic Panda Scan]. But the real hooker is the cloud-computing concept, where instead of bogging down your computer, consuming tons of CPU and RAM while scanning, it simply sends the data to Panda's servers, where it does the dirty work over there and sends back the results. I forget it's there, so I never disable it :D

I saw this and was going to try it out. But then it said I needed to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials first. :(

I might try it out later.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

If your needing to find something new i would try Avira antivirus.

I use it and it works great and its pretty simple to figure out.

also i would recommend Malwarebytes which is good for getting rid of malmare and viruses.

There all free and their some of the better programs iv'e ever used.

my sister and my mother have norton, i have AVG. the reason is, both of them have been hacked by two completely different things. i haven't so i needn't worry wasting the money on norton.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Nah. C++/CLI is for the interop goo, Direct2D and stuff. It also tends to produce bigger binaries per line-of-code, on average.

The code that uses it will hopefully outweigh it. You'll note that PDN.Base.dll has also grown in size by 50% so far.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

That's for the new Fishy Fish Runtime I've been working on. It lets you declaratively specify which parts of your program should flop about and gasp for air if taken out of water.

No just kidding. You can tell the C++ compiler to spit out files with the assembly or machine code that it generates. Sometimes interesting to look at.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg