The <off topic> thread

Ouch, the upcoming Avatar film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan. :/

As pointed out by Crimson, you are referring the movie which is based on Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is not James Cameron's Avatar, and that's why the move is called The Last Airbender. As for the directing, I was aghast when it was him who was going to be directing it, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt. After all, it's based on the cartoon series which surprisingly was great, and I'm not a big fan of anime. I have seen one of Shyamalan's movies, Lady in the Water, which was a horrible movie that had a terrible story line, and in the end, left me scratching my head, and I know a lot of critics have slammed his directing, so this movie might be his chance at redemption.

Bear in mind that sometime cartoon or comic book to screen adaption isn't always close. X-Men and Spider Man was probably the most closest to the original without violating the copyright of the origins. I personally found X-Men: The Last Stand to be completely off based from the comics, but I have never been an avid follower of the comic because I had always been a fan of their cartoon series that ran in the mid 90s.

Anyway, I am planning on watching the movie when it comes out this summer and I'm hoping to also see the new adaption of Clash of the Titans.

Sorry for confusing you guys...

I'm interested in the Clash of the Titans, too. It's about time film-makers notice the commercial possibilities of Greek Mythology!

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Sorry for confusing you guys...

I'm interested in the Clash of the Titans, too. It's about time film-makers notice the commercial possibilities of Greek Mythology!

No sweat, Kemaru.

As for commercializing of Greek mythology, I'm somewhat pessimistic about it. Far too often, filmmakers go off on a tangent regarding the original stories; think about the story of Odyssey in the Illaid and the numerous of films made based on that, or the story of the Trojans war, Troy which starred Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was horribly done. I have studied Greek mythology back in high school out of sheer interest, and then watched several films on Greek mythology. It has often left me shaking my head. I would like to watch the original Clash of the Titans before watching the updated version. It has been too long and I forgot the story line. If I recall right, Hades was often a misunderstood figure in many stories, some cast him as evil, and other cast him as an outcast amongst the gods of Olympian.

Speaking of movies, how about Prince of Persia? What do you guys think? Good movie in the making or another one that might makes your eyes bleed and gouging them out?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

The Black Mesa Source Theme sounds so good. Man, I can't wait for Half-Life: Episode 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvpPYOwsBc

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Didn't Frojo sailed into the sunset with Gandlaf and his uncle at the end of his journey?

He might as well have. Better yet, he put the ring on and disappeared.

Clearly there is more to the story than we have been told. :)

retrofont.jpg

Awesome :D

I'm watching the Oscars right now, and every time they play music from the movie I get all excited, hehehe.

I think Sherlock was certainly overshadowed by Avatar, very unfortunate.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Not that I've seen...

Everything seems to be going to Avatar, consistently anyway.

Don't get me wrong, Avatar was a great movie, but I think it's getting more praise than it really deserves.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!