Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

MODERN WARFARE 2 IS AMAZING.

:P I got it today on pc - im playing it on full hd, the detail is amazing, as well as the gameplay.

Nice. I can't believe over 200,000 people signed the petition for the game to have servers. :P

:P I got it today on pc - im playing it on full hd, the detail is amazing, as well as the gameplay.

yesyesyesyes!!

except i have it for ps3, got it last night :)

So I'm browsing through the various tips out there that tell you how to fix common bugs in IE6 and...man. It almost makes me regret trying to get into web design.

i finished cod 6 single player - IT IS SOOO GOOD.

I'm still trying to figure out CSS... I still have no idea what paddings really are.

marborpad.png

That's an illustration of a basic box-model - from outside in: margin (20px yellow), border (3px black), padding (10px blue), and area (white). All four of those attributes contribute to an element's area within a design as a whole, but only area and padding contribute to an element's rendering area - for background colors and the like. Padding is basically inner-spacing. It defines how much space there is between the boundary of the box and the content inside the box, like text.

From your previous messages, I believe you're a Chrome user. Unfortunately, I don't think Webkit has an overlay display for it's code inspector. I use Firefox/Firebug, and it displays element overlays when you mouse over an element in the code viewer. It's a highly useful visual representation of the box-model:

marborpadfb.png

^ I saw that a while ago. It looks awesome, and one of the included games looks pretty cool, but I hear tell the emulation is spotty. Make sure to check out a review or two before you make the jump.

I'd suggest

, simply because Ashens is awesome. ;)

I just read about Britain's new Internet Law.. I really feel sorry for English British...

Let's just hope this doesn't become common in Europe :(

This whole thing annoys me, any slightly savvy musician will use 'illegal' downloading as a way of promoting their music. Music, Films & the like are going to be shared like this in one form or another so the companies might as well get used to it.

I personally see the whole thing as continuing from the Metallica thing when they sued Knapster. No band should treat their fans like that, what were their fans wanting to do? Listen to their music, as a musician that is the highest compliment someone can give you, I'm speaking personally here, I do make music & I have played in front of real people.

I put illegal in apostrophe's (that's the key I pressed on my keyboard, I don't care if they're actually called something else when used like that) above because the file sharing networks are not illegal. It is illegal to duplicate most music (this would include copying a CD to your computer) but I do feel that these restrictions, especially people going to prison without trial, are far too much like George Orwell was predicting in 1984.

CMD, I have always wondered, why do you put both "My Website" and "My Weblog" links in your signature when they both link to the exact same page? :?

The British Govornment's decision really upsets me, like many others, but I don't think it'll work out for them in the long run. Either they'll loose more power from the limiting of their country, or the uproars, petitions, protests, and boycotts will force them to pull back-- it's the way the world tends to work. Very rarely is there a riot or mass uprising that doesn't create progress in later years (think Civil Rights, think Revolutionary War, think French Revolution, ect.)

BTW, threw together an experimental remix of an Outkast song:

http://drop.io/del_rio/asset/rosaparksp ... otherstuff

...it started up as a drumline, then another drumline, then an impromptu violin composition, some synth sounds with a Japanese Koto, then an acapella of Rosa Parks to fill in the empty sound waves :D

Would be fined 50K if I were in Europe for making this...