The <off topic> thread

You know two things I think about a lot? 1) what I would name a band if I started one, and 2) what I would name my future children.

It's kinda hard to decide because these names tend to be pretty set in stone [and I intend on forming a band in the next year or so]. For a band, I consitered a lot of funny random names (LMFAO, Cake, Weezer, ect.), but it doesn't seem appropriate. I'd go for a short one-word name that makes sense (Muse is one of the best band names out there).

And about 10 minutes ago, Elise just topped my list for girl names, because of the car manufactured by Lotus and the composition by Beethoven (well, not really because of the car).

Just a random thought that's too big for a Twitter post.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Does anyone know if their deliver dates are reliable? :?

I have a coworker who uses the release date delivery, and he raves about it. So ... yes.

Great! Thanks Rick! :D

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I think about naming children, too. Kind of odd, really. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think about naming children, too. Kind of odd, really. :-)

Yeah, same. Considering I'm 14 it's kind of weird. :?

On another note...just switched to ubuntu (well, if you can call triple booting Windows 7/Windows Vista/Ubuntu switching), and I love it. Sucks that I can't use PDN, though...but I still have windows, so I can just boot into that when I need to use it. Gimp gets the job done though. :)

codeembersig.png

-I may have not been here when you passed away, but you will be missed.-

Just came back from the lantern processions from St Martin's Day, (or Martinmas for the British, whatever for the Americans), and I got much candy this year, including

Mars

Snickers

other chocolate bars

tangerines and apples

the famous Weckmann (a little guy out of yeast dough, holding a pipe in his little, baken hands)

marzipan potatoes (yes, these exist)

and Spekulatius, a traditional spicy Christmas cookie

@ APShredder:

Nope, we have Halloween here now, too (damn you American culture imperialism :D), St Martin's Day has a completely different background. It's Europe-only, as far as I know...

And the candy is given out by the local parish or school in bags like this:

St-Martinstuete.jpg

@ Rubrica: I like Marzipan and I hate Marmite. :o

Just expanding on what you said.

"The most famous legend of his life is that he once cut his cloak in half to share with a beggar during a snowstorm, to save the beggar from dying of the cold."

See the bag in which the goodies are handed out in. That's the scene it represents.