Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Anyone here ever used Amazon.com? I used them to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and I set my shipping to Release date delivery (they guarantee I will get it on November 10th).

Does anyone know if their deliver dates are reliable? :?

I got some of my textbooks off Amazon - seemed to be reliable (I'm sure there is some variation depending on where they ship from and where you live)

Anyone here ever used Amazon.com? I used them to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and I set my shipping to Release date delivery (they guarantee I will get it on November 10th).

When I bought my iPod touch, they said about a week or two. It came in around 3 days.

I have a coworker who uses the release date delivery, and he raves about it. So ... yes.

You know two things I think about a lot? 1) what I would name a band if I started one, and 2) what I would name my future children.

It's kinda hard to decide because these names tend to be pretty set in stone [and I intend on forming a band in the next year or so]. For a band, I consitered a lot of funny random names (LMFAO, Cake, Weezer, ect.), but it doesn't seem appropriate. I'd go for a short one-word name that makes sense (Muse is one of the best band names out there).

And about 10 minutes ago, Elise just topped my list for girl names, because of the car manufactured by Lotus and the composition by Beethoven (well, not really because of the car).

Just a random thought that's too big for a Twitter post.

I have a coworker who uses the release date delivery, and he raves about it. So ... yes.

Great! Thanks Rick! :D

I think about naming children, too. Kind of odd, really. :-)

Yeah, same. Considering I'm 14 it's kind of weird. :?

On another note...just switched to ubuntu (well, if you can call triple booting Windows 7/Windows Vista/Ubuntu switching), and I love it. Sucks that I can't use PDN, though...but I still have windows, so I can just boot into that when I need to use it. Gimp gets the job done though. :)

im using windows 95 + windows 3.1 on my ipod :) now i need to find some more small operating systems; anyone recommend any?

How the hell do you run windows on an iPod? *googles*

...wow, that's cool.

Just came back from the lantern processions from St Martin's Day, (or Martinmas for the British, whatever for the Americans), and I got much candy this year, including

Mars

Snickers

other chocolate bars

tangerines and apples

the famous Weckmann (a little guy out of yeast dough, holding a pipe in his little, baken hands)

marzipan potatoes (yes, these exist)

and Spekulatius, a traditional spicy Christmas cookie

@ APShredder:

Nope, we have Halloween here now, too (damn you American culture imperialism :D), St Martin's Day has a completely different background. It's Europe-only, as far as I know...

And the candy is given out by the local parish or school in bags like this:

St-Martinstuete.jpg

@ Rubrica: I like Marzipan and I hate Marmite. :o