The <off topic> thread

I just find it amusing that they post private jokes on a public forum. Irony really.

No offense taken Rubrica. ;)

Randomness: The Great Fire of London occured in the same year as the page number of this post in this thread.

I was just thinking the same thing.

however, the 1337 page was the best.

Inside jokes are the funniest jokes in the world, yet so not funny when you explain it to someone else. For example:

"The witch is dead!" (...some friends and I were creating a song... that's the only line we could come up with)

Balls McLovin (well, not as much of an inside joke, but that was my self-imposed nickname for a week; is meant to be said in a Captain Morgan stance)

"Wayne is a whore"* (a 2 minute improv song about a friend of mine I sang with my guitar at school one day, during lunch. Somehow, the rhymes just fell into place)

Most of these inside jokes form between me and a friend of mine, just to see how people would react. One time, at the beginning of a history class, we lined up at the front, looking at the board. I invited people to join, so did she. Eventually, over half the class was standing at the front of the class, teacher included, trying to figure out what the purpose was :D

...thank you for reading my random post of the day :)

*excuse the language, my dear fellow mods. Plz+thx.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Ian Fisher: American Soldier

Wow.

This is how an American soldier is made. A photo essay detailing 27 months in the life of new US Army recruit Ian Fisher, from his recruitment, induction, training, and deployment to finally, his return from combat.

I'm in a state of amazement right now. Wolfram Alpha (if you hadn't heard of it before, look it up) as a mini-site called WolframTones that generates music through mathematical equations, and it actually sounds like music.

http://tones.wolfram.com/

I took one of the tunes it generated (they let you download the MIDI), and put it in FL Studio for putting decent instruments to it, and here's the result:

http://drop.io/del_rio/asset/wolframtones-mp3

Just open your mind to ambient music theory...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Wow that's amazing. Your mp3 is very nicely done as well, the whole concept of maths and music sorta blows my mind. Maths is functional with calculations and stuff, and music's supposed to be born of creativity and emotion. It's insane!

Question: Does Paint.NET have any DPI controls I don't know about? Never mind :)

retrofont.jpg

Anyone here ever used Amazon.com? I used them to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and I set my shipping to Release date delivery (they guarantee I will get it on November 10th).

Does anyone know if their deliver dates are reliable? :?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Whoa! :shock:

I didn't know that Newegg sells games. I should visit there more often. :D

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Anyone here ever used Amazon.com? I used them to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and I set my shipping to Release date delivery (they guarantee I will get it on November 10th).

Does anyone know if their deliver dates are reliable? :?

When I bought my iPod touch, they said about a week or two. It came in around 3 days.

Wow. I guess I can trust them then. I'm positive I'll get it on release day. :D