The <off topic> thread

I'm about to order my computer upgrades on Newegg. This will bring my system to:

Antec 900 case

AMD Phenom II 955 processor (at 3.2 ghz)

Asus M4A79 Deluxe Mobo (790FX chipset)

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX power supply

4 gigs of A-Data DDR2 ram (I know, so last year :) )

Radeon 4850 graphics card (soon to be Crossfire'd)

Any comments before I hit the submit button?

Any comments before I hit the submit button?

Can you order a better GPU for my laptop? :lol:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Probably not, most laptops don't have upgradeable graphics, a major downfall of laptop design in my opinion. :?

Yeah, I know. I wish I could get a better GPU. It's the only thing giving my laptop a crappy score of 3.7 :|

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Probably not, most laptops don't have upgradeable graphics, a major downfall of laptop design in my opinion. :?

Yeah, I know. I wish I could get a better GPU. It's the only thing giving my laptop a crappy score of 3.7 :|

I just looked and mine's a 4.6! :o

And I didn't even know...

Why does the score matter...?

I just got done playing 4 hours Uncharted 2. That game is so epic! I haven't even touched multiplayer or MGS4 yet. I will be getting Killzone 2 next month! :D

Also: When I went to GameStop I saw a dude walking out with DJ Hero renegade edition. The box was HUGE!

LOVE that game. unfortunately, we had psats, so i only had 2 days to enjoy it. (i did beat it, though) amazing game. :D (i mean uncharted 2)

Yeah, I am debating on whether to purchase a laptop or a desktop. I currently have a laptop and I usually never move it from my desk, it even has a stand I made on my own, but I don't know if a desktop would be as useful if I can't move it. Although, I am leaning towards a new desktop instead, to explore the unexplored. :)

Any suggestions on what I should purchase?

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

It's a general indicator of the computer's performance.

Yeah, I am debating on whether to purchase a laptop or a desktop. I currently have a laptop and I usually never move it from my desk, it even has a stand I made on my own, but I don't know if a desktop would be as useful if I can't move it. Although, I am leaning towards a new desktop instead, to explore the unexplored. :)

Any suggestions on what I should purchase?

That depends on your price range.

Mine is 1.0 on my laptop. I think its 3.3 on my desktop though..

Still.. :|

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I own a sony vaio (VGN-FS315B) and its specs completely suck compared to todays world, but the laptop has worked fine (and still does) for about 5 yrs, albeit with a few problems. VAIO's do suck though. If you're looking for a laptop, then you can get pretty decent ones for about £400. My cousin got an Acer Aspire with a blu-ray drive, and HDMI output for £350, so it is possible. :)

EDIT: HP have designed a macbook pro looking laptop. Pretty costly though. Clicky.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

No more than $800. But I would like a decent graphics card, to do some major graphic designing. ;) I don't want an HP, and not sure if I want to purchase it in store or online. I do like Gateway, but there is some bias because I currently have a Gateway Laptop.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

No more than $800. But I would like a decent graphics card, to do some major graphic designing. ;) I don't want an HP, and not sure if I want to purchase it in store or online. I do like Gateway, but there is some bias because I currently have a Gateway Laptop.

Check this article at Tomshardware, if you want to build it. It's worth the money, and an educational experience. :)

(vaio comps/laptops = worst thing on earth, my recommendation? hp or dell comp, or toshiba laptop-they're good and last.)

k, so i need help. not sure where to post this sooo.....its here.

so my dad recently got linux on his laptop and we are confused. i did do a google, and went to the site...but am still a bit confused. someone care to give a bit of a run through?

It's a general indicator of the computer's performance.

Yeah but if you know what's bringing the score down a lot, you think that's not an accurate result - in this case, DS thinks that 3.7 is too low because only his GPU is bad - and you're not planning on selling it, then it doesn't really matter :|