The <off topic> thread

Good point. Fortunately, my friends have very unique names - most of them, anyway. For the ones that don't I use my diagram of friendships; I find the most unique name, then follow the path through until I find them. If they're not actually facebook friends, I go a different path.

Plus, it's brilliant for stalking my peers. No smiley there, I'm serious. It's necessary sometimes.

And there's reason number one I don't have a Facebook. :)

You know, they can only find information that you don't want to share if you share it. And if you don't want to share it you don't have to.

I thought this went without saying. :P

Yay, glad to see you're on my side there Sozo. In fact, my argument is why I pointed out eRepub is "a bit Social Networky".

No myspace, no facebook, no buying into passing fads. :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

You know as well as I that this social networking thing is constantly evolving - just less than a year ago it was all about myspace this, myspace that. Now FB's hit it big. Next couple months, something else'll pop up. To me their all the same, plus I'm quite content with hotmail, gmail, aim, and skype. I don't feel like I need to add on Facebook, etc.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

I work in a routine. I'm a freak like that.

Personally, were I to add multiple other sites I need to check one each morning, each streaming with constantly updating feeds about what all of my friends, and their friends, are doing, I wouldn't really be able to do much else. On a social perspective, I would have to make all of my posts bilingual, as my Italian friends would no doubt find me, on top of my current American friends.

I'm sure these sites are of great use to people who need to market themselves (freelancers, rising artists, etc.), but I just don't have those needs.

So, while people may use these sites and find them useful, I think it would be too much of an unnecessary personal time investment for me to take the leap, join, and try to stay up to date with my social circle's lives.

EDIT: I now see why Sozo made a neutral statement and left it at that. I don't have anything against social networking for other people, but like I said I just don't see an efficient use in it for myself.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it may work for most people, but I think it would be too much of a personal time investment for me.
It may be a personal investment, but it is also a great way to advertise yourself and your art. I usually try to post links to my newest works on dA in my statuses. I am not a fb addict, but sometimes it does get in the way with school. Although, I have to agree, so does foruming. ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

And I did mention that,

I'm sure these sites are of great use to people who need to market themselves (freelancers, rising artists, etc.), but I just don't have those needs.

yet.

And yes, foruming is my main escape into procrastination at this point. :)

EDIT: By the way, speaking of stalkers, what's the URL to see forum activity? I remember there was a post about it in the past, I kinda wanna check it out :mrgreen: (I would use :wink; if it didn't reek of ego)

EDIT: By the way, speaking of stalkers, what's the URL to see forum activity? I remember there was a post about it in the past, I kinda wanna check it out :mrgreen: (I would use :wink; if it didn't reek of ego)
I think DS knows the answer to that, although I can't seem to find it anywhere. :( I'd like to know that too :D

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I don't know how long this has been going on, but

PDN is the featured forum on forumer right now

If you google "Forumer features" you get the popular features request thread for PDN :)

(found out trying to find the answer to our little question gamer :P )

Heehee :roll:

:)

Cowards. The lot of them.

As soon as you guys posted the link/spot, I went there and found others looking too :P

Oh well, back to reading about why the Breton Woods agreement was bad.

Fun?

Seems to me to just be another derivative (man I'm feeling negative today :P ) but I'm open to your opinion.

Besides the fact they got Daft Punk. :)

Jeez, after 4 hours you'd think you'd still see moving bubbles / or whatever (the main UI) - probably have it float around into your dreams :lol:

EDIT: Woow...been on here way too long, I'm hogging cyberspace, gotta quit the addiction. Peace people, I'll see you in a week or so. :)

I just got done playing 4 hours Uncharted 2. That game is so epic! I haven't even touched multiplayer or MGS4 yet. I will be getting Killzone 2 next month! :D

Also: When I went to GameStop I saw a dude walking out with DJ Hero renegade edition. The box was HUGE!

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

They're just throwing in all the bells and whistles when it comes to collector editions. :lol:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y