I finally got around to watching all the episodes for stargate universe and i must say i am intrigued on where this is going... brilliant concept if they can keep it from going stale :shock:

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Wow apple must be getting scared of windows 7 they have already launched a smear campaign against it.

That's what Apple does, and that's the main reason why I hate them. They're decent computers, and they could well stand on their own, but instead, Apple decided to go for constant low-blows, which, as I've said before, serve more as fanboy fodder than actual debate. Mac fans love them - "Hahaha! They said Blue screen! lolololololol :lol::lol::lol::lol: " - but for people who want to have an honest discussion about platform comparison, those ads are useless.

Will you post a sig tut CMD?

Do you mean for the style of my current sig? I suppose I could - I know I started one back in the day when I originally created it. Back when it still had a border and all that.

cmd-smoothshinyglass.png

I ran across it while looking for something else in my backups on my external HD, so I decided to revamp it a bit and recycle. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I do find the Apple commercials to be funny, but Apple could ease off a bit. I'm kinda happy Verizon did an ad bashing the iPhone. It's about time Apple gets a taste of their own medicine. :twisted:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Wow apple must be getting scared of windows 7 they have already launched a smear campaign against it.

Though I totally agree with the campaign. Microsoft always says they'll fix what they messed up. Remember all the hype for vista? Remember how amazing it looked, how great it looked like it performed? Yeah, didn't turn out so well. I hope the best for W7, because I'm much more happy with my Mac OSX, than with my vista computer..

Though I totally agree with the campaign. Microsoft always says they'll fix what they messed up. Remember all the hype for vista? Remember how amazing it looked, how great it looked like it performed? Yeah, didn't turn out so well. I hope the best for W7, because I'm much more happy with my Mac OSX, than with my vista computer..

Well have you tried 7 yet? :|

well i will know if all the hype is lived up when i go to get the upgrade in 2 hours i have to go to wal-mart to buy the 3 computer upgrade pack lol... Meh stupid direct deposit doesn't hit my bank account till then XD.....

oh yeah i am backing up all my files on dvd disc because i am too cheap to get an external hard drive... which i probably will get one in a few weeks because of space issues with a lot of my files that i love to keep... pdns, and such...

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

My machine runs Vista. When using it, I've encountered a few minor quirks here and there, but overall it's been a stable and strong system. Are others having trouble?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I have never had any problems with windows vista honestly, but i want the shiny new windows 7 lol :D

hmmm... 700th post gah i need to stop posting so much.

I only backed up my Pictures, Video, and Music folder. They're the only thing I want to make sure that I still have. I can re-install programs if they don't stay. I think the upgrade will be hassle free.

@Helio: Yeah, I'm on Vista right now and the only thing I'm interested in is not being bothered by warnings and faster response.

I am doing the same lol.... i have ungodly amounts of information i think about 20 gigs or so.... i am on the 3 dvd at the moment hahaha!

I backed them up onto my flash drive though. My pics, music, and videos take up about 3GB.

The only problem I really had with Vista was the exorbitant about of RAM it loved to use. My system has 4GB of it, and Vista's standing temperature tended to be right around the 50% mark. That's 2GB, just to run the OS (and the Anti-Virus, of course). The other annoyance was the two-stage UAC thing, where one window would come up saying "Hey, something's happening!", and clicking OK would bring up another window asking "Should I let it happen?"

From what I saw in the Win7 Beta, both of these have been addressed. The RAM usage was down by about 25% to 1.5GB standing - still high, I think, but definitely better (I'm on Linux right now, and even with Firefox taking up 100MB, the RAM usage is still under 700MB total *) - and the UAC looked like it was cut down to a single prompt, and had transparent controls for how often and at what levels it should engage.

All in all, I loved what I saw in the Beta, and I'm optimistic toward 7. I look forward to upgrading in the hopefully near future.

* Edit:

I just restarted Ubuntu to apply an update. After boot-up completed, you know what the OS-only RAM usage was? 258MB. :shock:

Compared to 2000MB for Vista. :roll:

Although, I must confess that Vista has been running a little more lean since the re-install after my HD failure last week - it generally sits at 1.7GB after boot. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well have you tried 7 yet? :|

windows 7 is awesome.

vista was pretty good as well.

i upgraded from RC to RTM which was even better :D

well i am currently in the process of installing windows 7 on my mom's computer, then i get to put in on my laptop 8) just hope this doesn't take forever.

The world sleeps.

Except for me.

Just ran a race today - got my season goal (getting 3mi in under 18:00) - and guess what - I got 17:59 :mrgreen:

I'm back home now, have been working on several different assignments which are due in 41 minutes online. Finished them all up though, so I'm free for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow, forum, you can expect a lot of activity from me (yay Nab, you mean you'll be here even more than before?)

Ok. This is the point where I stop writing - you know - the point where I begin to have conversations with myself.

Hope you're all having a wonderful night,

Nabster

@Win 7 convo: I've been using Win7 for a while now, works great - I'm going to by it first thing on Monday at my school library (they have it for $7 :P )

@CMD: I've got a Win 7 Ubuntu dual-boot set up - and have been trying to learn how to use Ubuntu for a web-development project I'm involved with. Seems like great software - different, but I like it

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!