Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Like Bloop said:
iPod touches are way too wide, too boring, and too expensive

Not exact, but hey.. lol

Red Nano > iPod touch.

ive had a silver ipod nano, but ipod touch is wayyyy better.

If a Zune HD was any real competition, it would be international. It's not. So iPod Touch, here I come.

real competition? Its better looking, around the same price, and just released this september. the touch doesn't even have hd video.. lol..

anyway, I have been looking into buying a gaming pc. Idk..

You must be an app freak. See, the only ones I would use are facebook and twitter. I have no need for the others. If I want a quality touch screen mp3 player, I'll be getting the Zune HD.

Don't say that... you don't realize how it is to own a touch. At first, I was planning on filling it up with just music and maybe 10 apps (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Dictionary, Pandora, Last.fm, the like). The day it arrived to my house, that plan was foiled. By the end of the week, I probably had around 50 apps varying from WeatherBug to the Sound Grenade (makes a high pitched sound, everyone notices).

Before I had my touch, I always thought "why would anybody buy an app as pointless as a virtual cigarette lighter?" But I came to discover that people do simply because 1) it's easy, 2) apps take little space (~3MB avg.), and 3) they're fun to interact with, especially on such a sleek device. And after a while, organization isn't a problem (categorized pages FTW).

Also, about the Zune HD: I'd love to have one of those, but I'm going to wait at least a year (too rough around the edges at the moment; the browser, for instance).

I just spent the entire day on TVTropes. :O

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, posted about it in Troper Tales. :-)

Don't say that... you don't realize how it is to own a touch. At first, I was planning on filling it up with just music and maybe 10 apps (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Dictionary, Pandora, Last.fm, the like). The day it arrived to my house, that plan was foiled. By the end of the week, I probably had around 50 apps varying from WeatherBug to the Sound Grenade (makes a high pitched sound, everyone notices).

Before I had my touch, I always thought "why would anybody buy an app as pointless as a virtual cigarette lighter?" But I came to discover that people do simply because 1) it's easy, 2) apps take little space (~3MB avg.), and 3) they're fun to interact with, especially on such a sleek device. And after a while, organization isn't a problem (categorized pages FTW).

Also, about the Zune HD: I'd love to have one of those, but I'm going to wait at least a year (too rough around the edges at the moment; the browser, for instance).

My brother has an iPod Touch, 3G. But he is 12 years old, doesn't use facebook/myspace/twitter/last.fm. He plays games. He also only has about 200 songs. He spends A LOT more time on the apps than listening to music, and I'll probably do the opposite. I much rather have a sleeker design, HD video, etc than having more apps. Pratically everyone I know has a touch and stuff like hand grenade just don't really entertain me. iHandgun? Really, lol? :P

For being the same price, and new apps coming out already every day, I want a Zune HD. I'll try to get an ipod nano on lockerz, sell it new to someone for cheaper than they could get it at the apple store, then use that money to get a Zune. :)

...I wouldn't mind not having to pay to play online. >_>
That is what a PS3 is for.

In this case, PS3 > XBOX. Better graphics, no monthly bill for online, a bluray player... I could go on for a while. But I guess there are some advantages to XBOX I wish PS3 had. Like more friend options, etc.

Well, I'm officially PC-less for at least the next 36 hours - posting this from my PSP. It's extremely disconcerting, leaving one's computer completely at the mercy of the "Geek Squad" but it's the only way to get my warranty fulfilled.

Perhaps I'll download some Mythbusters episodes off the PSN - completely unnecessary explosions do wonders for an uneasy mind. ;)

I thinking about spending a semester next school year in Italy. :shock:

@CMD: I've used my PSP like that more than once. :P

I'll be based in San Lorenzo, but we would travel all over.

In other news, I just saw Jack Black on Sesame Street while channel surfing. What's the world coming to?

Haha :lol:

Sozo- San Lorenzo - south of Rimini? Or where? (there are lot's of San Lorenzos :P )

I used to live in Bolzano (further north)