Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Hey guys. I'm getting started with my Mac Vs. PC essay and I can't think of a good title for it? The best I came up with was "Mac Vs. PC: A Classic."

Any suggestions? :?

Watch some of those Mac commercials. Get yo' ideas from then. :P

Actually I'm going to be using quotes from the Mac and PC commercials in the essay in my intro.

Can you think of any good title at all? :|

I like Rubrica's suggestion. :P

I was planning of using the operating systems as a criteria, but that would be too in depth and I could have done evaluation on operating systems itself.

Premium Price vs. Evil Empire?

The Black Horse vs the Pale Horse? [lovely Biblical symbolism, eh?]

...we could make a thread out of this :P

note: the smiley means I'm being sarcastic

Actually I'm going to be using quotes from the Mac and PC commercials in the essay in my intro.

The quotes from the Apple's commercials are hyperbolic, ad hominem attacks that serve more as something current Apple owners can guffaw about than a means of actual information. They're funny, albeit mean-spirited, but very loosely based around any actual, current facts. Unless you're using them as points, and not supporting arguments, they don't really belong in an essay. ;)

The quotes from the Apple's commercials are hyperbolic, ad hominem attacks that serve more as something current Apple owners can guffaw about than a means of actual information. They're funny, albeit mean-spirited, but very loosely based around any actual, current facts. Unless you're using them as points, and not supporting arguments, they don't really belong in an essay. ;)

I'm using them as points. I'm not going to be biased at all in the essay. I'm doing the evaluation based on facts.

good luck with the essay. I always hated those things when i was in school. My English teacher used to make us write a 50 page essay every year for the year end exam she had, it was quite brutal. It is unbelievably hard to make like 10 pages of information stretch out to 50 pages.... you really had to be good at embellishing things. I seriously think my teacher just loved making people suffer.

By the way, I've already done the evaluation and Macs won. Just as big proof that I'm not being biased.

I still love PCs though. Don't hate me.

Ha we can still see that. Only reason i don't own a mac is the prices. Honestly why would you make your computers so ungodly overpriced when your competition sells them from as low as $300... if mac would lower their prices a bit i might consider getting one.

My suggestion for your paper title:

Mac vs. PC - Who cares? They both have Intel inside now.

Honestly why would you make your computers so ungodly overpriced when your competition sells them from as low as $300...

Because Apple can. Although Apple's Mac market isn't much compared to the windows market, Apple are still a thriving firm and are unlikely to go bust. The Apple Store in Regent Street earns 3 times as much as other shops (Harrods) per square feet.

It may be pricey, but people still buy it. That is the reality of it.

I wanna get a Macbook Pro before i go uni. Couple o' years to go.

My suggestion for your paper title:

Mac vs. PC - Who cares? They both have Intel inside now.

Lol at me, I'm a fan of AMD. 8)

Just saw this on Tom's Hardware:

torrents-pirates-mpaa,7-1-227053-13.jpg

My nearest cinema hasn't closed down yet, so i don't really care if people torrent. (torrents are too complex for me so i never bothered, and i wont either).

I am actually thinking of purchasing an Apple sometime. But not sure yet, may still go PC.

You would have to start attending the Church of Jobs.

wwsjd.jpgholy_steve_jobs.jpg