The Rubik's Cube!

Can you solve the Rubik's Cube?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Can you solve the Rubik's Cube?

• Yes, I can fairly quick.
    • Yes, I can very slowly...
    • No, I can't and I will never try.
    • No, I can't, but I will try to conquer it sooner or later.
    • Don't even talk about that cursed object around me!

How do you guys like the Rubik's Cube? Can you solve it? How fast? Have you chucked it at somebody and missed and hit the wall? Have you broke it out of frustration? Did your friend break it for you? Did you cheat by peeling off the stickers and rearranging them? Have you spent hours and hours on trying to solve it? Did you take one look and forget it?

Did you... did you... did you... hehe, I can go on forever. So why don't just tell us about your fun Rubik's Cube experiences. Heres mine:

Simply, I can solve it in an average of 70 seconds.

I can almost solve the 4x4, but not quite yet.

I haven't even touched a 5x5 yet.

I can solve it, but it takes me 4-5 minutes.

No, I didn't figure it out on my own. I just memorized the steps.

I solve the top, then bottom, and finally the middle layer.

I think these are making a comeback due to the Persuit of Happyness movie.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I never even saw Pursuit of Happyness, I could do it long before that movie came out! (Not to say that statement isn't true.)

I learned it about a year and a half ago, at the beginning of 7th grade.

I've only finished it one time. I had looked up a "quick and fool-proof method", but it required you to finish one full side. So then I spent 2 hours finishing that side and was ready to give up. I did for a while

1 week later I found the cube again and was about to look up that same tutorial, but then I though "what's the purpose of cheating?" and continued on my own. I had it done 3 days later.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

...but then I though "what's the purpose of cheating?" ...

It's Math formulas, not cheating.

Exactly, and just to let you guys know, those math formulas are called "Algorithms."

This guy can do it blindfolded in 18 seconds.

I think his hompage said he studied it for about two hours first memorizing every move he needed to make.

As for that guy on the video above me, it seems kind of strange the way he paused sometimes. He may have been thinking, but if you really look at his head, it almost seems as if he can see through the blindfold studying it... but I don't know.