Requesting a plugin

I can not program for the life of me; however, I have a few desired plugins, and if anyone is willing to make them... Great!

The first plugin would be similiar to the new arrow plugin for 3.07. I would like to be able to toggle what kind of line would be drawn when drawing circles or ellipses. So be able to draw a dotted line circle, or whatever.

My second plugin that I think I would find quite usefull is a better text interface. I would like to see text boxes with centering similiar to word programs, and different effects that you could do for words, like shadows, 3D, outline, ect.

Theses are just 2 plugins I would find useful, and if anyone wants to program them great, if not that is okay too.

No, that isn't a challenge. It's a fact. You cannot add or change tools with plugins.

Not trying to be argumentative, but (s)he didn't ask someone to make a plugin that replaces the tools. Just something that does something similar, but better, which can be done.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

*shrug*

Rick, I look at it this way. If we make good enough plugins, you (or Tom) might look at them and think, "Hey, that wouldn't be too hard to add to the code base." Then, everyone wins.

Just consider my code a Proof-Of-Concept and go for it!

These cannot be implemented using plugins.

You can only do effects, adjustments (which are really just effects), and file types.

You are right, and I 100% understand this; however, Pyrochild and boltbait are also correct, I am merely seeking an effect to accomplish my set forth ideas. And if someday these effects could be implemented in as a plugin/tool... all the better for paint.net. Thanks for your feedback though, I know I do not use proper terminology at times, and it is important to see that if I am not careful it can lead to some confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Boltbait and pyrochild, what is the progress on your respective projects?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Im not much of a C# programmer (i use visual basic) but could it be possible that you open the window like a normal effect, and press a button, it acts like a normal tool, so you can draw with it even though another window is open?

siggy-1.png

plugins can be written in any .NET language, and it should be fairly easy to convert the plugin template to VB. Hell, you could make the plugin in J# if you wanted to, although I would be forced to question your sanity if you did so.

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I wouldn't really care, as long as you left my plugin topics. But really, I think you have better things to do with your time than hunt down all of my posts.

xZYt6wl.png

Hello, I think I'll request a plugin.

Something that allows the user to tint a picture to a custom gradient according to its luminosity:

2005005111548540662_rs.jpg

Basically, you would first make the gradient. In this case, it's like a red-yellow-white thing. Then, the effect would measure the luminosity of each pixel and tint it according to the color corresponding to the luminosity.

Too hard? I don't know a word of code... :(