Suggestion- Transparency mode (extended)

I'm not completely sure if this is possible (though I am pretty sure), but this would help out a whole bunch.

For all of you that don't read the tuts or didn't completely explore PDN's features, this is what transparency mode does with the gradient tool:

Transparency Mode ("Fading" / "Blending")

The special transparency mode can be used to fade out part of an image. This can also be quite useful for blending two images together. To access this mode, click on the button that controls the Gradient mode in the toolbar and select Transparency Mode.

(also see Rick's Camaro tut)

Here's a screenshot that can sum up the rest of my suggestion:

mygreatidea.png

EDIT: I just realized that the eraser is the "transparency mode" for the brush. But I would still like the feature on text and lines.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

You have to an color with alpha=0 as the Primary Color though.

If you want to draw it quickly and frequently, that's what the Color Palette for.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

You seem to be in a rush for something. My attempt at a translation:

Make the Primary color transparent. Just remember that the color palette is for drawing quickly and frequently.

?@ The 2nd sentence.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

To a close extent, yes (very very close). It is the alpha mask (pretty much), but without any dll. Just a little drop down menu for the color/transparent modes.

Overwrite mode:

3ydn3b6.png

Transparent mode:

47n33p2.png

Don't hurt me

Don't hurt me

:D

Overwrite mode:

Transparent mode:

So you want an antialiased overwrite?

You seem to be in a rush for something.

Tomorrow I'm going on HOLIDAYS! But before I must sleep (it's 1 am here).

This is my last post until May 6th. I'm not dead. Just on some boring beach with nothing to do, just sleeping, swimming, staring at hot ch... hum. Life's hard. Really.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

So you want an antialiased overwrite?

That's a nice way to put it! For some reason, whenever Rick posts saying he doesn't understand, I all of a sudden don't understand myself and I start freaking out.