Make Paint.NET the default app for opening graphics formats

mscheuner

Is there an easy way in Paint.NET to make it the default program for opening the usual array of graphics formats, e.g. BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF and so forth?? I hate having to do this on a file-type-by-file-type basis in Windows Explorer......

If not: that would be a great additional little feature for v3.10 ! :-)

Right click on a image from each of the different formats, then click on "Open With" and click on "Choose Program".

Now you want to find PDN in the list of available programs and select it, then check off "Always use the selected program to open this type of file".

EDIT: Oops, I missed this part.

I hate having to do this on a file-type-by-file-type basis in Windows Explorer......

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

That's exactly the way I have to do it - on every new system I put Paint.NET on..... that's just TOO annoying, long term!

I love other graphics tools like ACDSee (picture viewer) or Paint Shop Pro that have options dialogs in their configuration which easily allows me to pick any combination of graphics file formats that I wish them to register as default program for. That's the way it should be! :-)

PdN do this.

But for the Edit command. (right-click -> Edit).

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio