Saving With Backround Removed?

Carver

I used the magic loop and eraser to remove the background of a photo. There is "checkerboard" everywhere that I want removed in that photo. If I could save it "as is" it would be exactly what I need. However, when I save that photo, most of the original background reappears in the saved photo. Must I do something before saving the photo?

(My ultimate goal is to make the background be transparent.)

First off, make sure you're saving in a format the supports transparency. (JPG does not). PNG is probably the best choice. (IMHO)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Pyrochild,

Thanks for your quick respnse.

The photo I imported was .jpg and I am trying to save it as .png after removing the back ground. Will that work?

Regardless of the format, shouldn't background that I removed with the magic wand and eraser stay removed when I save that photo?

^ like fly said, make sure its supported... and I'm not sure I understood what your were asking but, checkerboard does mean transparent...

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

The photo I imported was .jpg and I am trying to save it as .png after removing the back ground. Will that work?

It shhould work as long as you select PNG in the dropdown list. Don't just erase .jpg and replace it with .png, as then PdN will just saveit in JPG format with a false png extension.

@RICK: this is a bug! fix it!

Regardless of the format, shouldn't background that I removed with the magic wand and eraser stay removed when I save that photo?

yes.

^ like fly said...

fly?

xZYt6wl.png

Known. He talked about it and why it's not fixed sooner in the week or sth.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Known. He talked about it and why it's not fixed sooner in the week or sth.

ahhh... i fixed it in my copy but i don't feel like redistributing different versions of pdn's files. could lead to confusion (and yelling by rick! lol)

xZYt6wl.png

I am making some progress, but have not yet got it. When I saved my photo as .png it appeared in the file where it was saved to have a clear (or white) background. However, when I imported it to Windows Movie Maker it had a solid black background rather than the transparent one that I want.