How to Install Plugins ×

Curves+

pyrochild

I figured out an even better style for the checkboxes last night (well, technically this morning) before I fell asleep, but I'm not gonna publish it for a week or so. I just hate to keep forcing trivial updates on you guys. :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ok, I lied. I just uploaded what is the very last version for a while. The GUI finally looks good yay! Anyhow, I don't plan to change anything else on Curves+ for quite a while unless someone finds a critical bug.

xZYt6wl.png

"curved curves" lol. You have no idea how long I spent last night trying to think of a better way to say that...
You could call it "Bezier Curves"...
<?xml version="1.0"?>

Rgb

A

A

<BezierCurve>trueBezierCurve>

Good Call...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Hmm, I can't decompress the zip or copy the driver.

"File skipped unknown compression method" is the error it is giving me.

Ideas? Anyone?

EDIT: CurvesPlus_2_2_1.zip is the zip I'm having trouble with.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Thank you kind sir!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

i had the same problem

thanks cmd :D

wow tahts the first emotion ive used on this forum

EDIT: sorry double post

this is offtopic but what i dont like is that the ads on my page are always

photo shop tutorials or down photoshop now!

this is PdN not photoshop

siggy-1.jpg

Hmm yeah I think I did something funny with the compression. I've just reuploaded with more normal compression settings.

xZYt6wl.png

And here I was thinking you just didn't want me to use your plugin...

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Darn you caught me! You're right, I encoded the ZIP to not extract on your IP address. That was some nasty code, I tell you.

Anyways, I know you already got the DLL from CMD's link, but can you do me a favor and check to make sure the new version is actually extractable now?

xZYt6wl.png

checking... ...checked.

All is well now.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

What extractor were you using? I used 7z, and it extracted fine. Yay 7z! :)

And I'd like to thank you, pyro, for this update. In the last version the text was more readable, but it was very difficult for me to tell what was "checked" and what wasn't. This revision is aesthetically pleasing and easy to use. :D

Oh, and I'm sorry I interfered with your plot against BuzzKill. :(

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

XP's default extractor.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

I always test my ZIPs in Windows' "Compressed Folder" view (though I create them in 7Z) so here's my theory on what happened. I think I may have selected the wrong compression method in 7Z, but I tested the resulting zip file in Vista, which I guess supports it, but I just checked it on XP, and it apparently doesn't... Yuppers.

xZYt6wl.png

version 2.4 released: faster, more accurate, prettier! see topic post for details.

xZYt6wl.png

Sweetness! I'll download it right now!

BTW, can I host it on my 110MB? It's annoying to download from mediafire.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

usedHONDA, why is it so annoying to download from MediaFire? It's only 1 extra click and allows me to keep track of downloads. You're free to host Curves+ on your 110mb, and I can put the link in the thread, but personally I don't see the point. Besides, you might find it annoying when I get one of my urges to publish 2 versions every day :D

Rick! There is a perfectly rational explanation for the histograms not being anti aliased. Originally, the rendering code was a near total cut-n-paste of the HistogramControl used by Levels, tweaked for the orientation change of course. For some reason, however, that code had some strange quirks. If, for example, the image's histogram was entirely in one column, (as the alpha one would be for a totally opaque image), it would render normally on the edges, but if moved anywhere between there, it would suddenly be half the height is should be. At first, I thought it was because it was being anti-aliased, so I disabled it. Same problem. I ended up rewriting the entire rendering functions, but I guess I forgot to re-enable anti-aliasing. Maybe in the next version.

xZYt6wl.png

Thanks, Rick! I added a link to that in the topic post. :D

usedHONDA, I also added your direct links.

xZYt6wl.png

Is it just my limited understanding, or is the standard Alpha curves option just an on/off switch? From what I see, it seems that the only effective use of the Alpha option is what is shown in Tanel's new Tone Mapping tutorial:

hdr-curve_mid.gif

If I am correct then what is the point of having an Alpha option as a stand alone curve adjustment when on/off isn't really a curve. :D

BTW, this really is a great plugin. Thanks to Tanel I finally figured out how the Alpha curve is supposed to work... :wink:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Is it just my limited understanding, or is the standard Alpha curves option just an on/off switch?

barkbark00, I guess you tested the standard Alpha curves on a completely opaque image. Then yes, the curve nothing to "bend" because all alpha values are at 255. Equally, the regular built-in Curves tool has nothing to work with on a completely white image.

Try the alpha curve on image with some (semi)transparent areas (for example AFTER having ran "my" curve) and you'll see :wink:

Another possible use has been described in the post how to invert alpha.