My text is fuzzy

mtvs22

I am trying to make a simple mirror effect for a heading on my website. I noticed after I finish make the word, and save it, and then put it on the website, its all blurry. The letter dont look very sharp at all.

I noticed one person recently put out an example of how to do a mirror effect. He used the words Paint.Net. It tunred out really great. I cant get mine to look like that.

Does someone have some step by step instructions on how I can accomplish this? I tried to follow that this guy did, but it does not look the same.

Thanks

FD

If it's only looking blurry after you save it, then it's probably because you're saving to a lossy image format. If you're doing .JPG, make sure the quality slider is up around 95-100 or it will look "chunky." Personally, I recommend .PNG.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

There are two good methods:

1)

• Create the text on its own layer.
    Duplicate that layer and flip it vertically (Layers -> :Vertical: Flip Vertical) so the text on the duplicated layer is upside-down.
    Use the Move Selected Pixels tool (:MoveTool:) to position the flipped text under the original.
    Switch to the Gradient tool (:GradientTool:) and change it to Alpha Mode by clicking the (:AllColorChannels:) button across the top in the Tool Options bar. After the click, it'll look like so (:AlphaChannel:).
    Click slightly above the upside-down text and drag downward, holding [shift]. The text will fade away along the path of the gradient.

2) Use BoltBait's plugin that does all that for you.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2520

You can choose your method. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype