Paint.NET vs Picasa2 vs Photoshop album starter edition free

Which do you like better and why?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better and why?

• Paint.NET
    • Google's Picasa2
    • Photoshop Album Starter Edition Free
    • I don't Like any of them

Hi everyone, just wanted to know what your opinions were about the three leading (and when i say leading, i mean the best) free photo editing software out there. check out the poll and also post comments on why you think your choice is the best. i personally think Paint.NET is the best for a number of reasons. first, i love the fact that it is adaptable for plugins, whereas Picasa2 and Photoshop starter are not. second, it has an enormous amount of tools that the $700 Photoshop CS3 has, such as the magic wand, and the lasso. Thirdly, (and i don't know if thirdly is even a word), it has an amazing forum that has very nice people in it that develop all these great effects and add-ins.

Picasa would be my second choice because it has a few features that stand out from the rest of the software, such as a straightening tool, and a very good photo sharing feature through Gmail.

i find that Photoshop Album Starter Edition does not have a very good arsenal of features, nor does it have a very good way of organizing photos. it's complicated, as well, and that does not make for very good software, unless you have the time to learn it, which i don't.

You don't need a parachute to skydive;

You need a parachute to skydive TWICE.

EOD! It's really no contest... :lol:

Explosive Ordnance Disposal? :wink:

On Topic:

I have never used Picasa or Photoshop Album, so I can't really draw any parallels.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

End of discussion...

EDIT:

I think you knew that, but your guess was definitely the most interesting on the list of possible meanings for the acronym EOD.

Actually, I didn't think of that one. I was trying to coax the intended acronym out of you without appearing like a dummy.

<_<

>_>

Did it work? :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype