Sign in to follow this  
Racingdj08

Lots of people have never posted!

You know, half of them are what I call "silent spammers". You happen to see that they are online, so you look at their profile. Sometimes, there's nothing. Other times, an ad.

Seems pointless to create an account and to never post... not even once. I can understand that you make one, post once or twice and just forget but never? Beats me why.

There is one advantage by signing up, but never posting. You can se what posts are new, since your last visit.

But apart from that I also wonder why there is this great silent majority. Why sign up and never post?

I don’t post often, but I signed up because I felt that now and then I had something worth saying in this forum.

Get an answer to a question. Maybe give at tip to someone else, or an opinion, once in a while. If just half of those 1446 people did the same, this would be a very lively forum.

Could be the search feature. Most people when answering a question to someone 'new' to the forum - inc. myself - have at least once said: try the search feature, you'll find your answers there. And so by signing up they can take that advice without ever having to 'bother' us with the little things that have already been answered elsewhere.

That could be 1446 people who have done the right thing and refrained from asking how do I switch it on?

Just my opinion of course.

Some of them are going to be spam bots that signed up with a fake E-Mail and could not activate there accounts.

Other I think are people who sign up to get full access to the site and to be able to get help when needed. I know when I 1st signed up I never posted till I had a Paint.NET crash (this was back before the day of the crash log :P). Then you have people who like the program and feel that by signing up there helping to give something back.

I joined when PDN crashed on me (twice). The only thing I was thingking was "I hate Paint.NET" and "Should I post in 'General Coding / Programming' or 'Questions & General Discussion'?"

Hehe, I would never think like that now.

Ok, I joined a couple a days ago, but I dint want to post before i had made my own avatar and signature image.

Hello people.

(I wonder if the signature is working)

If it was up to me, I would delete the users that have been registered for a year + and have made zero posts. They're just taking up dead space in the data base.

Eh, some people just don't want to bug or be emerged in a conversation, it's up to Rick to use the prune feature, and for one reason or another he doesn't.

Doesn't matter to me the least.

Talking about people not posting, what about Illnab1024? He hasn't posted in quite a while!

I'm always posting! But I would really like to know what happened to Trickman! He was the first person I've ever seen on the forum! From my first reply!

I'm always posting!...

Yeah, I think we knew that already... :roll:

...But I would really like to know what happened to Trickman! He was the first person I've ever seen on the forum! From my first reply!

Definitely! And User24. He was the first person that I really met, and he encouraged me, too.