Rate the avatar of the poster above you

The problem with making the white transparent would be skin compatibility. I'm not sure how well as black outline character will show up on a dark skin...

I'll see what I can come up with.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I was planning on a glowing outline, but then I discovered this:

jbkp4.png

The white is barely visible in light colors, but when in a black background, you can still see Jerbert in a nice contrast to the rest of the black. Just copy and paste directly into pdn to see what I mean.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

My wife thought it was pretty...

Yes, I am woop'd

Your's is 8/10. Try using to Alpha mask plugin to crop it to a (slightly smaller)clean circle.

P.S My avatar was supposed to be animated...but I got lazy

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. ;) -Rick Brewster

@pyrochild: 8/10

I got some avatars to rate!

TrackMania Nations:

_uH.png

It may look low quality, but that's because I had converted it back from a DDS (saved with DDS plugin)

DeviantArt:

dauH.png

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

The top one is very nice, but I'd make the transparent part that holds the 'uH' a little more visible, other than that you have a winner. 8/10, 9 for more opacity.

The bottom one is nothing too impressive and doesn't live up to your usual standards, sorry. 3/10.

[skip my avatar, rate uH's new ones]

The top one is very nice, but I'd make the transparent part that holds the 'uH' a little more visible, other than that you have a winner. 8/10, 9 for more opacity.

I bet I have the coolest avatar over anybody that plays online because from what I see, I'm the only one with an avatar that has alpha chanels. I even customized my custom car model-- a grey BMW Z4 with a "///" decal on the sides. I'll get a screenshot sometime in the future.

And to respond to the review, actually, it looks perfect when you put it up against the colors of the background (green grass, grey track, flags and billboards galore, etc.).

The bottom one is nothing too impressive and doesn't live up to your usual standards, sorry. 3/10.

Yeah, I guess it isn't the best I could do, but that's all I really didn't know what to make.

I like your current one uH ^_^ Very fun to think about...hehe. As for those other two..they are pretty nice, although the chekered flag might need colored letters, the white on white/black is hard to read.

~EvilNeko

celloSiggy.jpg

And to respond to the review, actually, it looks perfect when you put it up against the colors of the background (green grass, grey track, flags and billboards galore, etc.).

I stand corrected then. All the same though, still a cracking avatar.

EDIT: EvilNeko, you avatar is still a tad too big I'm afraid, maximum's still 100px wide. barkbark00's method of resizing worked with your last suggestion, and I'd bet it's work with your current one *hint hint*