newbie with questions

Hello, i just downloaded paint.net a few days ago and started working on it.i tried to take up a few toturials first.i went fot eh glitter text and shopping bag tutorial.i use draw plus 4.0 mainly for my art work and have also used corel draw some time back.but am a noob at this one.so my questions are:

i cant figure out how to work with tha magic wand.when following the glitter text tutorial after i was done using the wand i didnt know how to turn it off or to make it stop.

secondly, with the shopping bag tutorial, since i work for a pod company i cant use too many layers.i'd prefer work done on a single layer.and so i tryed it but the magic wand again was a hassle here and when i unchecked the background the gradient of the shopping bag also went transparent.

and my final question for now is that, the resolutions just save very small.i chose 1800x1600 resolution and 200 dpi.typed some text and saved it as png.but when i preview the text its so small.while the size i chose was 72.

it'll take me quite some time to learn this stuff :roll:.i'd appreciate help from fellow members and any tips you might give.:)

Thank you and Regards :wink:

after i was done using the wand i didnt know how to turn it off or to make it stop.

Ctrl + D or Edit > :Deselect: Deselect.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

since i work for a pod company i cant use too many layers.i'd prefer work done on a single layer.

Do you work on as many layers as needed, then when finished press Ctrl + shift + F to flatten all the layers into one, or for the same affect: Image > Flatten. Or just save the piece of work as a JPEG, PNG or BMP (Bitmap) and that will flatten the image and save it at the same time.

Hey all, Im new here.

I just thought Id show my appreciation for the great software that paint is. Ive had it for quite a while and every uodate is quite a help.

I used to work on photoshop, and gimp but paint.net is far easier. I am however requesting a update in a feature...

I am a huge (read insanely huge) car fan.. and I need to adjust a scanned image by percentage... so far all that can be done is by left or right, or 90 / 180.

I hope there are other ways of doing this..

Thank you

Archcord,

Your new question should be posted in a new topic, not within someone elses question. Makes it hard to find the different questions, although, this topic title again, shouldn't be "newbie with question".

However, you can resize by percentage... When you go to "Image > Resize" you have a choice that says "by percentage" or "by absolute size"...

Click in the circle next to "by percentage".

Slackira::

There is a sticky at the top of the board that jumps out at you which says "read this, YES YOU read this".... Might be a good idea for YOU to READ it.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.