Old SOTW discussion thread *depricated*

Transferred from submission thread:

CMD thats spectacular. My favorite part is where the light is coming from behind Jesus. I know you'll probably say "Oh that's easy all you have to do is..." but it's good :D

This topic for comments! That one for submissions!

Jake, if you want me to stop, just let me know. I don't want to moderate out of turn. :oops:

Anyway:

Thanks FireFly! The way to achieve that effect is to:

1) Compress* your figure you want to shine:

predent.png

2) Apply the Dents effect to break up the outline:

postdent.png

3) Apply Zoom Blur (Deluxe if off-center) on High Quality mode:

zoom.png

Then just Brightness / Contrast adjust to taste!

Edit:

Ok, and Jake, lemme just say, I'm liking yours. I like how you integrated the easter eggs while still keeping your usual style. :mtdew::D

* Edit 2:

By "Compress," I meant "Flatten." I don't know what I was typing...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yes, Sepcot's Clouds plugin is a must-use. It was used everywhere in my entry. From the grass to the clouds themselves. It was also used to in the cross. Speaking of my entry, it appears I didn't save the final version before I uploaded and posted. Rules are rules so that entry is the one I am committed to. That being said, I would still like to share the final version with all of you so, here it is.

Final version:

sotw_1_easter.png

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

well this is the last day to submit a sig so if you got one then hurry up and post it. I will be starting the voting tomorrow, good luck to all who entered and remember it doesn't really matter if you win or lose cause the reason for this comp. is so you can have fun and learn some new techniques ;) .

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Jake: votes should be PM'd to you, as in the 3.0 logo contest.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I was torn between jake's and BuzzKill's entries, but BuzzKill's excellent attention to detail in the shadows on the Eggs and how they fell won me over.

I just needed a place to give jake the "props" he's due. :wink:

Can I create an alternate account and vote again? <_< >_>

And a hearty "Well Done" to all participants. There were bunches of good entries. :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

@Helio: that's waaay too complicated, you're not running for the presidential election...

Who knows, I'm sure it would be very interesting with CMD as president.... Anyway-- sorry, I have no experience with this sort of thing, so discount my knowledge. :)

-----

I have to go with Buzzkill. The shadows bending to lay against the other eggs and the wall are quite realistic. The grass is nice too. ^_^

I think that this first SOTW has clearly shown that it is a very good output for creativity. Great work everyone!

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Your entry is awesome BuzzKill.

cool next theme after that should be music or movie/television

How about unlimiting this SOTW to POTW, (pic of the week). Just that it would open it up to things like 'make up your own film title and made a DVD cover for it' contests, and other stuff like that. Could be fun.

there are too many entries for a poll plus there shouldn't be a prob voting for someone this way, if you think there piece was the best than you shouldn't feel ashamed to say so ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I don't have a problem voting this way but by seeing who everyone else has voted for may effect the decision of some people. Anonymous voting will help some choose thier own favorite instead of just going with the flow.

Signature14c.png

^ Exactly.

Buzzkill (I guess because everybody else is voting for him)