How to Install Plugins ×

Tube Effect (ymd: 100718)

MadJik

Question: both links work for me, but the file sizes are different - different versions? One expanded (first link) is 59k and the second (that ReMake refers to) is about 12-13k...?

3 hours ago, Panchdara said:

... but the file sizes are different - different versions?

The difference in files size is due to the lack of an image for the Plugin Browser in one of the files.

@Panchdara thanks for the info. In coming days I will edit all links on the site paint-net.ru in accordance with links by MadJik's files.

• 1 year later...

hey so I tried downloading this as this was mentioned in an answer to a mutual question someone had about the features of paint.net, I tried downloading this, and all worked fine until I tried to distort a text image, which disappears completely after attempting to distort it for it to be put on a garment at the right angle

54 minutes ago, Mr. Mage said:

hey so I tried downloading this as this was mentioned in an answer to a mutual question someone had about the features of paint.net, I tried downloading this, and all worked fine until I tried to distort a text image, which disappears completely after attempting to distort it for it to be put on a garment at the right angle

Hmm...my first thought, after tinkering with text a bit, is to double-check the steps factor in relation to the X/Y offsets. I accidentally lopped off the end of a letter!

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

13 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

Hmm...my first thought, after tinkering with text a bit, is to double-check the steps factor in relation to the X/Y offsets. I accidentally lopped off the end of a letter!

I'm not sure how to do that, I'm a noob with paintnet and PC in general, but I do want to inform you that this isn't text generated within paintnet, it's simply put, a png image, but it's just text in it

5 hours ago, Mr. Mage said:

I'm not sure how to do that, I'm a noob with paintnet and PC in general, but I do want to inform you that this isn't text generated within paintnet, it's simply put, a png image, but it's just text in it

The origin of the text shouldn't make a difference. When you open up the effect, you see all the sliders? Those will control the appearance of the final image. (I usually grab the top of the effect window with my mouse and move it to the side so I can see the canvas.) Try moving the sliders for X, Y, and steps factor to see  how it looks.

And we've all been noobs at some point. How are you gonna learn if you don't ask? :)

2 minutes ago, LionsDragon said:

The origin of the text shouldn't make a difference. When you open up the effect, you see all the sliders? Those will control the appearance of the final image. (I usually grab the top of the effect window with my mouse and move it to the side so I can see the canvas.) Try moving the sliders for X, Y, and steps factor to see  how it looks.

And we've all been noobs at some point. How are you gonna learn if you don't ask? :)

none of that matters; my image disappears the second I click on the tube effect

1 minute ago, Mr. Mage said:

none of that matters; my image disappears the second I click on the tube effect

Well fnord. Can you post a screenshot?

5 minutes ago, LionsDragon said:

Well fnord. Can you post a screenshot?

no option to send an image, buddy 🤷‍♂️

nvm there we go

edit: not the full screenshot, so lemme just post the after effect

Untitled - paint.net 4.2.12 8_9_2020 5_58_30 PM.png

Untitled - paint.net 4.2.12 8_10_2020 7_01_07 AM.png

Edited by Mr. Mage

9 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Remove your selection before running the tube effect. Ctrl+D

that fixed it, thank you, and I've seen a lot of helpful guides and plugins from you 😀