Paint.NET v3.05 is now available

Just notice that every time you update the program, you also lessen your support with another version of Windows operating system. What gives? Is it C#? The application framework? Why can't you make it a little more robust so it can be used by users of all Windows systems (all the way to Windows 95 if possible)?

Some of us, users of PaintdotNet, do not have sufficient funds to buy Windows Vista. It is a choice between not providing food in the table for one month or buying Windows Vista. And I don't want to buy pirated software, else Bill Gates will be after me.

Enough with UI changes if that will mean that it can be used by older Windows systems. Why don't you just make them plug-ins?

I really like PaintdotNet. Its easy to use and have extensive features. It would be a pity if I can't use it later since I'm stuck with Windows XP for several more years.

All the best. 8-)

Who said anything about dropping Windows XP support?

Support for XP is not being lessened. It is support for Vista that is being increased -- an app like Paint.NET can benefit from the new stuff in Vista.

And Windows 95 support?! What? First fine me someone who actually uses it, then maybe you'll have something to discuss.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Windows 95 support? First find me someone who actually uses it

In fact it's that Win95 has a totally different architecture.

Windows Server 2003 is not the most used OS in town, but PdN run fine on it.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

All of my add-ons were moved over. To be on the safe side, I actually made a copy of the folder just in case, but did not have to use that.

Thank you very much for this great software package. I had been using the 2.63 and even with all the loading problems, UNDO issues, I kept using it. Now I upgraded to the latest version, and it is like a huge weight has been lifted, and it is smooth, fast, and very useful. Thank You to anyone who has spent time in development of this great software.