Sign in to follow this  
JaceMan

Forumer Problematic for Anyone Else?

I don't know if it's Forumer (free phpbb hosting -- I'm assuming it's Forumer) or my connection to Forumer, but my connection does not seem to get along very well with the Paint.NET forum.

My connection often times-out when replying or starting new threads. Private Messaging... forget about it! I'm hitting reload left and right to try and get to see the forum.

If it's just me; I'll deal with it. If the problems are widespread, I'm willing to host the forum on one of my domains for free and I won't slap any ads (as Forumer) in the forum either (well, unless we wind up getting to a point where we have an average of 80+ users logged in simultaneously regularly. At that point, it would probably cost me more than my normal hosting costs which of course my wife would draw the line at... thus I would draw the line as well. And google adsense would have to make an appearance.

On the flip side, I can host the forum on a server running only a couple of small traffic sites... much better than being on a server with a hundred others as it probably is now.

Anyway, somebody or somebodies let me know how well the forum is working for you... because for me, it's beginning to equal a headache.

Yep... I get that too. Usually the reply posts anyway.

I've gotten to where I hit "Submit" wait 3 seconds, then hit back two times and reload whatever thread I was looking at to see if my post is actually there. Certainly not ideal!

My problem is submitting replies. 60% of the time, it says "Invalid session. Please resubmit form". But I've learned how to live with it.

I get that as well, but more like 90%. <_<

And it's not a problem with forumer. It's a problem with phpBB. Because phpBB is a horrible excuse for forum software.

My problem is submitting replies. 60% of the time, it says "Invalid session. Please resubmit form". But I've learned how to live with it.

And it's not a problem with forumer. It's a problem with phpBB. Because phpBB is a horrible excuse for forum software.

I've been administering and moderating boards for years, and while phpbb is not exactly "my favorite" bb solution, it's hardly horrible. I've installed it more than 10 times and have seen this behavior only ONCE. Guess where that has been.

I do not receive any more 'topic notification' emails since a couple of days!

Yesterday evening it was impossible to connect to this forum!

Grrr!

...Yesterday evening it was impossible to connect to this forum!

Grrr!

I have been having that problem also. I never had any problem in the past, it just recently started occurring.

Well, it used to be 100% for me 2 weeks ago, but now that my computer is in safe mode (arh!), it has been at 25%.

Here's what you do if you get the invalid session message:

1. Click submit again

2. Click submit again

3. You can either click submit again or clear your http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com cookie "folder"

4. Click submit and one of the two will happen to you:

It goes through (80% chance)

It asks you to log in (10% chance)

4b. If it asks you to log in, log in and repeat the process.

One thing that could have caused it is that you go on miscellaneous websites that mess with forumer and cause this for some reason. It could be Google, it could be Myspace, it could be digg, it could be something.com, it could be anything! I'm not sure :?

It could be Google, it could be Myspace, it could be digg, it could be something.com, it could be anything! I'm not sure :?

I think "anything" includes... "it just MIGHT suck."

In any event, this thread is a bit ironic to me because:

1] I'm relieved to know that it isn't just me.

2] I'm scared knowing it isn't just me.

=-=-=-=

Oh well, the offer still stands if Rick ever wants to accept it.

Ive been getting stuff like this, but different. It posts 100% of my posts, but it is unbeliveably laggy, or when i try to click on something, it doesnt bring me there.

EDIT: yea, it took about a minute to make this post

After a lot of thinking, I figured out why it happens:

The Google Web Accelerator prefetches web pages.

More in-depth version:

Because the GWA prefetches pages, it uses an old url or invalid url to load the web page. It will say invalid session because the old/invalid url uses the wrong session ID.

Wrong session ID= Invalid session