Sign in to follow this  
Ash

Drawing a Gemstone

Using the same way as my tut plus a little more (2hrs) messing around with adjustments... it could be even better :P (yeah, its a little too blury)

268bf11f.jpg

Generally, with a still image your reflection or "Sparkle" will be at the same rotation.

Generally, with a still image your reflection or "Sparkle" will be at the same rotation.

Ok, got it :)

But what if there are more then 1 light sorce?

or.. 1 light sorce but angle like this from side view? (red dots are where the sparks should be from side view of a gem)

49a692f3.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Using the same way as my tut plus a little more (2hrs) messing around with adjustments... it could be even better :P (yeah, its a little too blury)

268bf11f.jpg

Ash that looks real! Seriously, it looks like you took it off the tv from the home shoping network and played with it in PDN to make it you rown.

It's wild.

I tried and tried the other day before i had to go to school. Couldn't get it so i'm giving it another wing tonight.

I for some crazy reason i've resently become graphically challenged. Heck in my siggy, Wither was a sweetheart and helped me out. So I'll let ya know!

I am glad you like this tut. Sorry I will be busy until Feb-19. Please check out gem v2 tut for better texture. then finishthe rest with this gem v1 tut.

I will be more than happy to answer in more detail when more free time.

Tut list on my googlepage.

Good luck!

You mean you got the texture and need to know how to cut out the shape?

Merge the layer down and use :RectangleSelectTool: or :EllipseSelectTool: to select the shape.

Depends on what shape you want.

Thanks.Sorry but I have one more question. How do you make it all clear like that after getting the shape? Plz help and sorry to be a bother.

Thanks, glad you like it.

But this was my 1st tut so I wouldn't say it's incredible.. :P