Can't start other progs after install

Hi, first post here.

I have a strange problem with my system, Vista home premium.

After installation of paint.net I can not start control panel or any of the windows games that comes with Vista.

What happens is just the fade in of the program window and then it directly fades out.

A system restore solves the error but then I don't have paint.net so it doesn't solve anything. I've tried the three latest versions of paint.net with the same result.

I'm using aero glass and the hardware is quite new, inte dual core, nvidia 8800gts and two s-ata discs in raid 0, oh, i'm using two lcd's too. The vista version is a oem license but i've built the system myself so it's not a hp customized vista or similar. It is a swedish version btw if you think that matters.

My last try was just minutes ago, the system is up to date and after installation i can start the control panel but after a reboot the problem occurs. I'm installing with "quick mode".

Any help would be apriciated

Do you use the full or the lightweight installer?

Shorter, have you already Paint.NET installed or are you installing it with Paint.NET?

Because I think PdN itself can't harm your computer as you tell us.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Do you use the full or the lightweight installer?

Shorter, have you already Paint.NET installed or are you installing it with Paint.NET?

Because I think PdN itself can't harm your computer as you tell us.

Tried to install PaintDotNet_3_01_WithDotNet_BetaNews.exe, 52 756kB today and still the same error.

So... now you know