Theming Paint.net

Hey Everyone

I honestly am not sure if this is the correct area or not. I have been using Paint.Net for years. I took a break from it for awhile and used CS6. For various reasons I no longer have access to that set of tools and I am looking for which open source / freeware photo editing software to make my "home". I really do like the plugin/support for Paint.net and the community which has always followed it.

My big issue here is now that I have been with the "Gold Standard" for so long I am used to that black on black which does not interrupt the image I am working with. I am curious if Paint.net has the support currently or if there is any way that it could be worked on for future updates to allow community based themes of the application.

I would really appreciate a more neutral color base than the grey/white of the current themes. I just get so drawn away from my image. I understand if this is something that cannot be done, if so however, I would very much appreciate it.

Currently, paint.net has two color schemes:

ColorScheme.png

I do not believe there are any immediate plans to add additional themes.

Hey Boltbait,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was aware of this feature. I honestly am not sure the point of changing the one strip from blue/white.

What or is there a process to request this officially? My only other issue is that I cannot open RW2 as there are no plugins I have found. But that I can deal with since I use RawTherapee. Anyways sorry for the tangent.

(Also thanks for the plugin pack, I was using it when you first released it!)

The only way I can think of Paint.NET having a black or gray background is that if a third-party Windows theme is installed that makes every opened window with the same color scheme and overrides the background color settings of those applications. I do not like using such third party themes.

However, I do think it would be of no harm if a future version of Paint.NET gets a native black or gray color scheme but its not very likely. I have used a program called Foxit Reader for PDFs and it has an option to change the color scheme to Blue, Yellow, Purple or Black.

The paint.net developer is Rick Brewster. He reads most of what goes on on the forum.

The fact that you have 1. started an appropriately titled thread and 2. made a perfectly reasonable request, I'm sure Rick will see it. Now whether it will be implemented is another story entirely  :D