I can't find my Color palette

Arcianna

Hi all.

It is a matter of urgency, but I cannot find my color palette in Paint.net, and I've noted I cannot reset the window. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the settings stay the same and the palette doesn't return. Can I get some help please? It is Urgent because I need it for work

If you are comfortable with working with your system registry, you can try deleting "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net\Window/Colors/Bounds". That will reset the Color Palette window location.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Can someone list directions as to how I can delete the file from my registry? And in advance thanks guys, the help means a lot.

I just tried dragging the color pallet off the PDN screen and it did. I didn't even know about that. I then deleted the reg-key that toehead wrote about and that did restore it, so that is an option if you can't find your color pallet.

Go to "Start" > "Run" and type: regedit  (then hit enter). Then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net\Window/Colors/Bounds" select that key and hit delete. Restart PDN.

e2vcEys.png

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif

I took a screenshot but the sharing features on this forum are being weird. Anyway, I have taken a screenshot that shows the palette just outside the window itself. I run a single monitor system so that is why I did not locate it in the first place. I just need to figure out how to drag it back into the window.

For realz? racerx even posted the basic steps to reset the window location. Just run this file, and be done with it.

Color Palette reset.zip

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net]
"Window/Colors/Bounds"=-
  • Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

The reason I have trouble accessing the Registry is because I am running windows 10. The system is not engineered in the way that I can access everything as easily as I used to. Plus I run a single monitor setup.

Ladies and gentlemen, all is well! Special thanks to Toe_head as it was his file that did the job. My color palette is now visible again. Thank you to everyone for your help and support an I will certainly be using this site for plugins and such to make my job much easier. Good day everyone!

• Upvote 2

The reason I have trouble accessing the Registry is because I am running windows 10. The system is not engineered in the way that I can access everything as easily as I used to. Plus I run a single monitor setup.

What does Windows 10 have to do with anything? regedit is basically the same since Windows 95.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yeah, I posted the above screen shot in Win10. By default win 10 doesn't have a "Run" link in the start menu. I use Classic Shell however and it provides a "Run" link in the start menu just like older versions of windows. A search for regedit.exe will yield the same results.

Plane_Sig2.gif

• toe_head2001 changed the title to I can't find my Color palette
  • Tactilis locked this topic