How to disable Recently Opened Files list?

Hello doughty,

Thanks for the tip. The Open Recent is very handy. But I tried your tip it and clears the list of Open Recent. On the other hand I have the icon on the Taskbar and when I click on the icon with the right button of the mouse... the list is still there.  :/

• Upvote 1

Hello doughty,

Thanks for the tip. The Open Recent is very handy. But I tried your tip it and clears the list of Open Recent. On the other hand I have the icon on the Taskbar and when I click on the icon with the right button of the mouse... the list is still there.  :/

That list is handled by Windows Explorer. Separate.

• Upvote 1

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

There isn't anything to configure this in Paint.NET, nor are there plans for it.

However, someone could probably whip up a script or batch file that just clears out the HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ paint.net \ "File/MostRecent/*" keys in the registry after Paint.NET has exited. Then just launch Paint.NET with that script.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I found a pretty good work around.

Open Regedit. Browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ paint.net". Right click the "paint.net" key and click Permissions. Click Advanced and disable the inheritable permissions. Now for your login account uncheck Full Control and only give yourself Read access. You will now be unable to update those registry keys (i.e. save history). You also won't be able to change other preferences stored under this registry key but if your like me you won't change these often, if ever. If you do want to set a new default preference, add full control back, make the change, then set it back to read only.