Paint.Net Crash

LizzyRock

I have v3.5.11 (Final Release build 3.511.4977.23443) on Vista Home Premium PC.

Using it tonight for about one hour until I tried to save an image. At that point it crashed.

I got a message informing of this and that a pdncrash.log had been placed on the desktop.

See attached. Is this anything I should be worried about? Following the crash, I was unable to open any other program on my PC and had to shut it down via the power button.

Everything seems to be working fine again now.

In all the time I've been using Paint.net this is the only time I have had any problems.

CappedSig.png

Can't see the attachment. You must have missed including it on the post.

I personally believe that an earlier version of PDN which was v 3.5.10 was more stable in my experience.

• Upvote 1

Hello Lizzie,
I also run Pdn 3.5.11 on my Vista machine and find it very stable.

Unfortunately Pdn 3.5.11 is not supported by the forum anymore, which is understandable because the one developer/author (Rick Brewster) is concentrating on perfecting Pdn 4+++.
Updates for 3.5.11 won't happen so my advice is to save regularly until you get a new computer and can update to Pdn 4+.

Re: 'worried about' - Probably not... if everything is working ok after the reboot, you should be ok.
Always good to run virus scans, defrag, etc. (scanning and defragging the registry is useful but frowned upon these days). Perhaps your hard drive is getting too full?

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Yeah, what Red ochre said. Vista and 3.5.11 are way into the "you're on your own now" territory.

Can't help you unless you upgrade to Win7 or Win10, and also upgrade to the latest Paint.NET (currently 4.0.6).

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg