Reproducing this glare-flare effect

I was watching this movie trailer and there's a glare/flare effect that looks pretty nifty. Here's the video of it for reference with the screencap below: https://youtu.be/92_IlEGPsDI?t=45s

FV6oVOU.jpg

I'm making a book cover and wondering how I would go about reproducing it. Any suggestions? I believe I have the lens flare plug-in but I never got a handle on it.

Thanks!

No one has more than I. Trust me ;)

My recommendation: ruthlessly cull some plugins. Paint.net will start faster and you'll be able to find plugins more easily.

No one has more than I. Trust me ;)

My recommendation: ruthlessly cull some plugins. Paint.net will start faster and you'll be able to find plugins more easily.

B-But... but what if I neeeeed them?! LOL

I have the same problem with fonts. I bought a 1000-font package a while back and some of them are useless to me or redundant, I know I should remove more than half. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not looking forward to spending 64 days during this :P

I did something similar on a spark plug a long time ago. I believed I used a typical lens flare filter. I can't quite remember how I did it, but I'm sure I can create it again without much trouble.

UW362rV.gif

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif

If you are able to create such a glare, I suggest you toy around with the Glow plugin under Effects>Photo. It really brightens the glare even more.

You can also change the blend mode of the glare layer to Glow or lighten and maybe tweak its luminosity using the Curves adjustment tool.

B-But... but what if I neeeeed them?! LOL

I have the same problem with fonts. I bought a 1000-font package a while back and some of them are useless to me or redundant, I know I should remove more than half. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not looking forward to spending 64 days during this :P

My recommendation would be to move all of your plugins into a folder within paint.net/plugins/effects.  Then they're still there, but they won't lag down the program as it's starting.  When you need one, pull it out of the folder.  After a week or two, you'll know which plugins you really need and which ones are just slowing you down.  :-)

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My recommendation would be to move all of your plugins into a folder within paint.net/plugins/effects.  Then they're still there, but they won't lag down the program as it's starting.  When you need one, pull it out of the folder.  After a week or two, you'll know which plugins you really need and which ones are just slowing you down.  :-)

That's exactly what I do :arrow-up: .  I have a folder on the desk top, inside of which I have a folder of each developer's Plugins, then I load as needed  ;) .

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

tbhCCCJ.png

Used @Red's Highlight (water glint) and then made circles of colors; blue, light blue and white, with the 2nd color transparent .... and some blurring.

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Very nice @AgentGoodspeed :D .

If you add a small highlight of light blue and white with the Linear Gradient (make 2nd color transparent) then Gaussian Blur and lower the opacity, then you will give a bit more pzazz to the glowy bit.

exuIf8F.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

Very nice @AgentGoodspeed :D .

If you add a small highlight of light blue and white with the Linear Gradient (make 2nd color transparent) then Gaussian Blur and lower the opacity, then you will give a bit more pzazz to the glowy bit.

Great result, Pixey!

This actually occurred to me when I was lying in bed last night and felt stupid not to have thought of it sooner LOL