Sign in to follow this  
toe_head2001

Tartan v1.5.1 (Sept 29, 2018)

On 8/31/2017 at 1:35 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Actually I'm not sure which branch. The ones who fought the MacGregors (it's a long story - which I don't fully know).

Oh! Glenorchy then! :) So, technically you would wear Campbell of Breadalbane if you wanted something different from the standard Black Watch.

I'm in the processes of updating my plugins with Custom UI to be 'Dark Theme' aware.  Lookie here:

Tartan-Dark.png

I'll be posting these updated versions once paint.net 4.0.20 is released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi @toe_head2001

I'm running into a little problem when using 'Tartan'.  I'm at 125% dpi and it's cutting off some things in the UI.

tartan_problem.png

The checkbox for 'Use Horizontal set for Vertical' is completely covered up, as you can see above, and the UI doesn't expand.

Can this be fixed?  Thank you!

@toe_head2001  Works great now.

I have a question.  I was trying to replicate a pattern I saw on the internet.  This is much harder than I thought.

Referring to your example xml for the wvu-tartan, why is the order of the lines so important?  I see if I change the order of one line, it completely changes the pattern.

Can you explain how the plugin goes about placing the lines?

Thanks!

Okay @toe_head2001 ,  I was having a senior moment.

I was trying to figure it out using the example tartan pattern you uploaded in Post #1.

I then realized you cropped the image. (you even stated that you did...duh!)

Once I replicated the pattern using your xml file, I was able to see exactly how this works.

TIP:  Don't get old.  ?

Now I should be able to replicate other patterns easily...

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

TIP:  Don't get old.

... well get old but not have senior moments ? ( I'm including myself as having those too lynxster')

Just started playing with this again and I love the many different results you can get.  Complex yet simple ... simple yet complex

2 hours ago, welshblue said:

... well get old but not have senior moments ? ( I'm including myself as having those too lynxster')

Yeah, I felt really stupid after I realized I spent all weekend trying to figure it out using the cropped image!  ?

No wonder toey didn't reply to my question....he was waiting for me to figure it out myself...

2 hours ago, welshblue said:

Just started playing with this again and I love the many different results you can get.

I seem to be on a 'sewing' spree and loving it.  It's a welcome break from my stained glass!

On 11/2/2015 at 12:01 AM, MJW said:

One way to add texture is to use my Texture Shader plugin.

*tacklehug* THANK YOU! I have no idea how I missed this before. BTW, using both Noise and Frosted Glass gives kind of a "flannel" effect.

Ohboyohboyohboy....

Thanks, @LionsDragon!

(That reminds me to update my comment to include the image that was lost due to the PhotoBucket problems.)

5 hours ago, MJW said:

(That reminds me to update my comment to include the image that was lost due to the PhotoBucket problems.)

Thanks, MJW for restoring those images.  ?

5 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

using both Noise and Frosted Glass gives kind of a "flannel" effect.

I'll have to try that. Thanks, LD!  <3

• Like 1