HD Photo Format Plugin for PDN possible?

Right but what you would not be able to do is write a plugin that simply didn't show up on an AMD system.*

* Ok ok I guess that's not entirely true. You could always throw an exception in the constructor for the effect in which case Paint.NET would silently throw it away.

Ha ha! I had already stumbled across that!

(just kidding, or am I?)

sarreq, There's already the ability for a file type plugin to have a UI for configuring saving. What we don't have yet is the ability to provide a UI to configure loading*, or generally for the loader to be able to ask the user questions ("Do you care that I'm down-converting your 64-bpp image to 32-bpp? Yes/No/Die").

Sorry, I'm probably being dense (or it's just not working in Vista?), but where?

edit: nevermind, I am being dense, I didn't realize you had to hit save before it would pop up, I was looking for a "Settings" button, I'm still used to PSP

Actually right now the only thing preventing me from releasing a plugin is that the metadata stuff is crashing on 64-bit. It just doesn't work. I've filed a bug with the Windows guys, we'll see how it goes.

For the technically inclined, a code snippet as short as the following illustrates the problem:

BitmapMetadata metadata = new BitmapMetadata("wmphoto");
metadata.ApplicationName = "Anything";

Works fine on 32-bit, crashes on 64-bit. Narf.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg