Issues with recolor after Windows10 upgrade

So I recently updated to Windows 10 and I have the latest version of paint.net and now I can't make a lightsaber effect the way I used to with layers and blurs and recolor, like so. When I recolor I get a solid, rigid outline on the glow instead of the nice from the core outward fade that I should be getting. I'm doing everything according to those instructions and getting a different result than I should be.  I don't know if there are any other applications of recolor that are effected in this way, but this is all I use the tool for personally, at least so far.

This is what I get post-143083-0-28917100-1443682986_thumb.

Instead of what I should be getting, which would look closer to this post-143083-0-23643700-1443683209_thumb.

Edited by seelsa73

Hi @Seelsa and welcome to the forum.  It is certainly curious that you are having this trouble now.  All I can suggest is for you to try this tutorial or this one too and see what happens.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Try altering the Hardness setting in the tool bar. Info: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RecolorTool.html