Canvas size

cavepaintingcaveman

Hi,

when I try to change the canvas size I won't see the transparent area around my picture and the hole picture is being changed to the canvas size.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and regards,

cpcm

When you say the whole image is changed to the canvas size, do you mean the image is being rescaled to the new size? If so, it sounds like you're using Image>Resize when you should be using Image>Canvas Size.

Yup - like BoltBait says .................... you must be using Image Resize instead of Canvas Resize.  Easy mistake to do ;) .

2DksAlH.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks for your answers. I really did it right. But now I know what my problem is. The picture I have has a white background and the canvas enlargement is displayed for some reason is white too. I tried a different image and I can see the enlargement now:

u5kfwr4i.jpg

The enlarged canvas area, on the layer named "background", is filled with the secondary colour on your pallete window. This is the normal behaviour for expanding the canvas.

I usually use one of two work-arounds:
- One way is to make the secondary colour transparent (reduce opacity to 0).
- Another way is to duplicate the "background" layer and delete the original after expanding the canvas.

Xkds4Lh.png