Some PDN files wont open since reinstallign windows.

A couple of months ago I reinstalled windows and since then some of my bigger PDN files wont open. 

They give a "The file is corrupt or was saved with a newer version of paint.net" error

Here's the full error

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: chunkNumber (3473456) read from stream is out of bounds (chunkCount = 987)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 792

at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 118

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1438

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

While it's possible that they were corruped when I backed them up, it seems weird that it only happened to PDN files and everythign else is ok.

Could anything else have caused this like a plugin not being installed that I had before?  All these files were made around febuary this year, and I wiped my computer in June.

Some of these are important work files that if I cant restore I will have to remake. So any help is apreciated.

Thanks

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: chunkNumber (3473456) read from stream is out of bounds (chunkCount = 987)

Yeah they're just simply corrupt. That file is supposed to have 987 chunks (blocks), but one of the chunks is saying it's the 3,473,456th chunk.

Hopefully you have a backup :-\

Some file types can survive some corruption, like JPEG and many video formats. PDNs do not tolerate it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Some files are giving different errors, but I think they are all goners.  Not sure what happened to them when I copied them to my homeserver.

I tried pdn2png but it just gave errors.

Sadly this was the backup.  I guess this has taught me to check my files after backing them up.

Luckily I've found a flat version of the only one that really mattered, but it would have been nice to have a layered version for future changes.

Thanks for the help guys.