Banner or Flag Effect (Is There a Plug-In For This ?)

I have some images that I'd like to have look like a flag or banner . I thought there was a plug-in but now I can't find it .

This is a simple line drawing showing what I want to achieve .

4d06567f-dabc-4d13-b7b9-858149d316b8_zps

Edited by david.atwell
Better thread title

Hello Too Old,

I do not remember seen a plugin to create this type of banners (I would have downloaded it). I think you will have to go through some image manipulation for this one. Just use the shape you have and you may obtain what you want.

banner-s-4c7d027.png

By the way: change your topic title to something like "Request: Banner Maker plugin". The moderators do not like unclear topic titles.

Edited by Eli

Hello TooOld - cute moniker :D .

Here is a tutorial which may be of help to you.

Thanks Pixey , long story about the name .

Great tutorial on banners , I'll bookmark that one . . . but it's not exactly what I need . I have a design that I was wanting to put on a flag and have it appear like the checkered flag below , it's for a decal on a model I'm building . 

I'm pretty sure I can do it using some existing effects like sinwave or tube oblique plus a little tinkering , but I was looking for an easy way out !  B)

race_flag_zpssc0h1bid.gif

By the way: change your topic title to something like "Request: Banner Maker plugin". The moderators do not like unclear topic titles.

He's right, you know. :)

I've made the edit. You may want to check out the forum rules before going any further, though, TooOld.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

He's right, you know. :)

Ahhh - but we don't know if @Eli is a he or a she :lol:   I'll take a guess though ........ very pinkish avatar,  and I know peels potatoes, so maybe a she

what.gif    

Long time no see @David - hope you and the family are well :D .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Ahhh - but we don't know if @Eli is a he or a she :lol:   I'll take a guess though ........ very pinkish avatar,  and I know peels potatoes, so maybe a she

what.gif    

Fair point. Apologies if I offended you, Eli; I never intended such.

That said, there are men who enjoy the color pink, and I myself enjoy peeling potatoes, so... ;) 

Long time no see @David - hope you and the family are well :D .

Good to be back. Family is wonderful and amazing. I'm very blessed and lucky.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.