TechnoRobbo

ShapeMaker Tutorials

On 8/24/2015 at 11:29 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I can see all the women reading this and going..."Yup. Males".

I call it  "A Man's Look" You see a Man looks into a crowded drawer and can't find what he is looking for. A woman looks in and instantly finds it. 

That's because women  are gifted  by God , They are multi - tasker's , they have this because of rearing children , One child on her arm , one on her leg :lol:

TRUE !   

So that's a new plugin for women :lol:

14 minutes ago, juan2go said:

So that's a new plugin for women :lol:

You've taken that joke way out of context, and it has nothing to do with the actual plugin.

Stereotypically, males don't bother reading manuals before using things. Rightly so too... we have been conditioned for years with manuals that were written by captain obvious.  Therefore, we typically assume all manuals are that useless.

14 minutes ago, juan2go said:

I call it  "A Man's Look" You see a Man looks into a crowded drawer and can't find what he is looking for. A woman looks in and instantly finds it. 

The man can't find it, because it's no longer where he left it; the woman has "organized" everything. :lol:

1 minute ago, toe_head2001 said:

You've taken that joke way out of context, and has nothing to do with the actual plugin.

Stereotypically, males don't bother reading manuals before using things. Rightly so too... we have been conditioned for years with manuals that were written by captain obvious.  Therefore, we typically assume all manuals are that useless.

The man can't find it, because it's no longer where he left it; the woman has "organized" everything. :lol:

I know I did, But it may be a point of interest to some. I fully agree with what you though.  I very rarely see good instruction written 

53 minutes ago, juan2go said:

You see a Man looks into a crowded drawer and can't find what he is looking for.

You should be a little bit more careful with your jokes. I'm a man and had never problems finding things where ever I had to search and I know personally a bunch of women, that can't find a simple way or understand simple instructions ... It's not a question of gender but of thinking and knowing.

Instructions often sounds complicated because the author has many things in mind and takes for granted, but the reader doesn't know.

Edited by IRON67
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is a noob kind of question (but I am a noob ;-) ). ShapeMaker is fantastic. The videos made it so simple to trace out an image and turn it into a shape. But I need one last step and really can't figure out how to. I want to save the image as an SVG. I need it in this format in order to send it to a laser cutter for vector cuts. I saw how to "Copy Path Stream" which works to get the text of the SVG, but what can I use to save it as an actual SVG? Ultimately I want to bring it in as an SVG into Visio.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

25 minutes ago, LJH said:

I want to save the image as an SVG.

Sorry, ShapeMaker can't do that. Use Inkscape to trace your image.

We ought to remove the term 'SVG' from the documentation, since it ambiguous between the generic term 'Scalable Vector Graphics', and the 'Scalable Vector Graphics' file format.

I don't agree with removing SVG, but I am willing to refine the wording if you think it necessary.

Something like this??

Paste Path Stream

Paste Path Stream is used to copy the code in an SVG file into ShapeMaker.  Simply copy the SVG code between the Path tags in the file, then hit File > Paste Path

Stream to paste the Shape into the Drawing grid and Path List.

Paste Path is capable of interpreting StreamGeometry strings which are a lightweight version of PathGeometry strings.  Both can appear in XAML files -

but only StreamGeometry can be parsed by ShapeMaker.  Users attempting to paste in PathGeometry strings will receive an error message even

though there is nothing 'wrong' with the string.

5 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

... I am willing to refine the wording if you think it necessary.

Yeah, I think that's fine. We just need make it disambiguous.

'SVG' is used in a couple of other places in the manual, when maybe it shouldn't be.

Thanks guys! While I'm disappointed that I can't achieve the goal I was after with this, I'm nonetheless grateful for finding your tool! It's the best plugin I've used in Paint.net. So thanks for the quick clarification and thanks for a marvelous tool!! (And Happy New Year to you and yours!)