skins for rfactors dirt factor mod

I have been using paint.net to make my own skins for rfactors dirt factor mod.  It is working good but the skins look very shiny like chrome when in game.  They don't look this way on the template while coloring them.  I am sure there is a simple way to change this but I can't seem to figure it out.  Anyone??  Thanks!

The shininess is a lighting effect from the game itself. There's really nothing you can do from the Paint.net end.

I don't know anything about the game, but if the skin creation is a built-in customization feature with a gui and everything, there might be an option to turn down how shiny or reflective the textures are. Otherwise, you may have to do some serious digging through code to find it

EDIT: also, if you could change the thread title to something more specific (see forum rule 6), that would be great. Thanks!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo