Palette swapping like in MS Paint? (NO PLUGINS)

Kyleallt

I want to swap a sprite's color palette, but I can't find a way to do it in paint.net and I don't want any plugins. If it's impossible without plugins, don't recommend a plugin anyway. I'm not using any. Paranoid of malware

Swapping color palettes like that seems like something associated with indexed colors. PDN surfaces are full color, with 8 bits each for red, green, blue, and alpha. I doubt PDN is the program you want to use for what you want to do. I don't think there's much built-in support (or even plugin support) for manipulating indexed-color files.

Edited by MJW

You can use the Magic Wand to select a specific color value, and then it's possible to fill the selection with a different color ... it's not "palette swapping" but it'll achieve the same thing. One color at a time.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Excluding plugins would be excluding one of the biggest reasons to use Paint.NET.  And if you download exclusively from this forum (especially from Ego Eram Reputo's plugin index), you can be sure that every plugin you download has been checked and vetted by people on the forum to be just as safe as the program itself.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.