How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Dodge and Burn (Blur and Sharpen)(Feb 25th, 2015) Re-Posted

TechnoRobbo

I am well aware of that Eli. I move my unused effects on a subfolder called "Unused" inside the Effects folder. Sometimes I would even move some DLLs if I am to add a new DLL. The theory goes is that the less plugins you load, the more space in the memory you would have for your remaining plugins to use. I would rule out this cluttered plugins issue.

However, I have repeatedly experienced slow rendering issues with a number of TR's plugins so I suspect it may be something in the common rendering algorithm he uses in the code of his plugins that's causing a delay in rendering on the kind of computer that I use.

It might be an isolated issue with the particular processor or Asus brand netbook that I use but still, it poses a disadvantage for me and maybe some others who have lower specs or have a machine with comparable architecture. I was trying to blur parts of an image last night when I find it inconvenient that the blur tool is  not immediately blurring the areas as I click. It was even a low resolution image. This is not the first time it happened.

Plugins like Pyrochild's Smudge and Liquify seem to work OK but the latter has understandably delay and crashing issues, often only with very large images.

I have tested Photoshop on this machine as well but its native Blur tool seems to work without delay or any issue.

I hope there could be a fix because I'm a fan of this particular plugin because of its great potential. I even wanted it to be ported on the main Tools window of PDN.

Edited by Ishi

My issue with this plugin is that it seems to render slow on my computer. For instance, when I use the blur function, there are a few second delays before it does the blurring on the selected area. I seem to have experienced slow rendering issues with some of your plugins that I tried, one of which is the Bokeh plugin I have told you about last year. It has to do with some of your rendering algorithm perhaps? 

use the lock shade checkbox otherwise it recalculates on every key press

• Upvote 2

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Thanks. It responds better now with lock shade enabled.

However, I seem to have observed that if I enable lock shade with the blur tool, then I switch to another tool such as dodge, clicking part of the picture still blurs it rather than apply a dodge effect. This goes on when I switch to the other tools as well and only if I uncheck and re-check the lock shade checkbox does it fixes this issue and allows the other tools to do their function rather blur.

Is this a bug?

Anyway, thanks again for responding. If I see more stuff that needs attention, I will let you know.

• Upvote 2

However, I seem to have observed that if I enable lock shade with the blur tool, then I switch to another tool such as dodge, clicking part of the picture still blurs it rather than apply a dodge effect. This goes on when I switch to the other tools as well and only if I uncheck and re-check the lock shade checkbox does it fixes this issue and allows the other tools to do their function rather blur.

Is this a bug?

you betcha it's a bug. I'll fix it.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Thanks TR.

It took merely 20 minutes from the time you confirmed this was bug till the time you posted an update of the plugin.

That was such as a quick fix.

Keep up the great work.

I am still experiencing some inconveniences.

For instance, Desaturate doesn't always work on the first try no matter if I enable or disable lock shade. Only when I switch to another tool then switch back to Desaturate does it work. This also occurred to the Blur tool after I switched to it from another tool. These may happen at random at repeated instances of opening and closing of the plugin window and of the PDN program itself so this may be harder to diagnose.

This is my experience:

Since all functions share the same controls, settings for one will adversely affect the results of another. Some use Exposure , Some use Intensity and Rotate Hue uses both.

For instance, Intensity and Exposure both start at a value of 5. This is very minor where blur and desaturate are involved , especially in larger images,  Color Blend and Saturate on the other hand love 5. Blur and desaturate work best at 20+. 20 is an extreme for Color Blend. 

In order to remedy this. I will work on saving individual settings for the different functions so they are persistent with the function. Until I publish this revision ,follow this rule When switching to blur increase Intensity to at least 15. When switching to color blend lower exposure to around 5.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

What I meant was the Desaturate tool would not do anything, would not decrease the saturation of the clicked area, even with maxed intensity unless I switched to another tool and go back to Desaturate. This happens randomly but rare.  I open and close the plugin window but its not easy to reproduce. I keep testing it on the same image. That was from v 1.3.22. However, its now more reliable than the previous versions, v. 1.3.20 and v.1.3.21.

I will now try the latest version and see the additional stuff.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Ishi

How plug-in localization(Translate into Chinese)?

I'm not good at English,
Thank you for the plugin。

I use translation software, don't know if you can understand

Edited by jizhu

I downloaded your plug-in package,

Many English words do not understand, look at the icon can understand the meaning of a ballpark

If I can edit DLL format files, I might own the menu text inflicted Chinese

With the google translate, I hope you can see that you know

I used google translate but I'm pretty sure that many of the words will not translate correctly. Try this version and tell me if it makes any sense.

(我用谷歌翻译,但我敢肯定,很多的话将无法正确翻译。试试这个版本,并告诉我,如果让任何意义。)

This is version 1.3.25 with Chinese localization https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwe1lqxq63thssy/TRsDodgeBurn.zip?dl=0

(这是1.3.25版本与中国本土化。)

Feel free to correct my (google's) Chinese.

随时纠正我(谷歌的)中国人。

TRsSig.png?raw=1