How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Dodge and Burn (Blur and Sharpen)(Feb 25th, 2015) Re-Posted

Yes, you have to put the .dll into a folder in Paint.net.  It will be different for the Store bought version and the free classic version.  How to is described here:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not sure if anybody is still upkeeping this plugin, but I think I'm experiencing a bug.

I have an "object" on its own layer that has BoltBait's feather along selection, and then BoltBait's object bevel applied.

image.png.2c336062c9ba7c3d7550495701215237.png

i was trying to use the dodge feature to lighten up the corners a bit, but every time i use undo, it doesn't just undo the effect i just applied, it also changes the alpha of the feathering back to 100% (fully opaque).

image.png.299ac50350fb59c5b98ed835e3221066.png

(not sure if you can tell in these images, it is subtle after all).
Also, if I may make several feature requests:

1) when zooming in/out, keep the image focused on the area currently in the window, instead of resetting back to center.

2) clicking and dragging on the preview window centers the clicked portion of the preview image into the main window.

3) clicking on a horizontal scrollbar sets the value of the scroll to the clicked area on the scrollbar, rather than incrementing the value of the scroll up/down by 1.

Thank you!

Edited by Mervil

Hello @Mervil this plugin is working fine for me, as I demonstrate in this video.

Alas, @TechnoRobbo is no longer around to accommodate those requests of yours.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 2:53 PM, Mervil said:

i was trying to use the dodge feature to lighten up the corners a bit, but every time i use undo, it doesn't just undo the effect I just applied, it also changes the alpha of the feathering back to 100% (fully opaque).

Math issue with transparency (premultiplication issue, specifically). I solved it in the successor to this plugin, called Dynamic Draw.

And as Pixey said, TR's been gone off the forums for some time now, unfortunately