New Here with a Couple of Upgrade Questions

Well , I'm not really new here since I've been using PDN for several years and regularly check in here to get ideas and install plugins .

My questions are about updating to PDN 4.0.6

1- I'm currently using 4.0.5 with Windows 8.1 and plan on eventually updating to Windows 10 , so will 4.0.6 work with 8.1 or will it have some bugs ? Or should I wait until I update to Windows 10 ?

2- I'm really excited about the Shapemaker plugin as I've been using Inkscape for years and having some svg capability on PDN will be great ! Same questions about compatibility with 4.0.5 and Windows 8.1 or do I need to update ?

Thanks for a great program and for all of your hard work !

OK, paint.net version 4.0.6 works great with Windows 8.1. You're safe to upgrade now. And, you'll be even happier when you upgrade to Windows 10 as paint.net version 4.0.6 includes fixes to make it look better on that OS.

Custom shapes requires paint.net version 4.0.6, so you'll need to upgrade in order to use custom shapes.

The shape maker plugin requires paint.net version 4.0.6.

So, I recommend upgrading paint.net to 4.0.6 now. And, when you do upgrade paint.net, upgrade my plugin pack at the same time: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32048-v. It includes lots of updates and new features. I also made a custom shape pack which you can download here: http://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingShapes.asp

Thanks much , I've downloaded it and your new plugin pack . . . everything works great !

I knew it would , I guess I just needed some reassurance since it was released around the same time as windows 10 and had me wondering . I also downloaded your Custom Shapes and will try the Shapemaker soon .  :D