How to Install Plugins ×

ShapeMaker - by the Dwarf Horde (Jan 30th, 2016)

TechnoRobbo

I have tried it. Still a challenge for me who's not into those technical things.

I think a Redo button would be helpful. A zoom function to zoom in and out of those grid squares would be nice. An eraser is necessary to erase certain curves and lines that have already been committed by the "apply edit" function.

An eraser is necessary to erase certain curves and lines that have already been committed by the "apply edit" function.

Select the line in the list and press Delete. Page 12 Users manual

A zoom function to zoom in and out of those grid squares would be nice.

If the Zoom button doesn't suffice shift and rotate the knob. Page 27 Users manual

I think a Redo button would be helpful

That it doesn't have. Save your progress maybe?

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Nice plugin and thanks to all involved in the making. I'm getting used to it now and find making simple shapes fast and easy. Here is a quick Rolling Stones logo I made in less than two minutes. I added the color later.

qPhz5ws.png

• Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif

What happened to the old UI that was shown in post #43? It looks so much cleaner and nicer than the current one.

That was a beta version 4.6 - it did not have all the features of the current version, it used place holders for future graphics and was not HDPI compatible. 

Nice plugin and thanks to all involved in the making. I'm getting used to it now and find making simple shapes fast and easy. Here is a quick Rolling Stones logo I made in less than two minutes. I added the color later.

Nice racerX. Yes, I agree, there is a huge learning curve. Beziers are a different way to think about how an image is put together. But once you have understand the concept creating shapes become very easy.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Nice racerX. Yes, I agree, there is a huge learning curve. Beziers are a different way to think about how an image is put together. But once you have understand the concept creating shapes become very easy.

Yes I agree. The first time I tried the Bezier tool, I was totally confused. Now that I've used it extensively, I'm quite impressed with the ease of use it gives and wonder when Paint.net will incorporate it as a tool. It really is that good.......

Plane_Sig2.gif

Very useful plugin and thanks to all "The Dwarf Horde and Rick. Are you the best.  ve7oxyf5.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

What?!

Paint.net can draw a Bezier curve right now.

You must be talking about the line tool? I'm talking about making a Pen tool with the same Bezier control handles like what's in the Shape maker tool.

Unless there is a tool that I don't know about?

Plane_Sig2.gif

You must be talking about the line tool? I'm talking about making a Pen tool with the same Bezier control handles like what's in the Shape maker tool.

Unless there is a tool that I don't know about?

Since a Bezier curve IS a line, of course I'm talking about the line tool.

The pen tool draws pixels, the line tool draws lines. :roll:

I would say the Paint.NET line tool allows to use splines (maybe it maps them internally to bezier curves because of direct draw).

midoras signature.gif

Version 1.0.6+ Ready for Download

Version 1.0.6+ adds 4X Zoom and more ToolTips

@Techno Robbo! I have tried but not really understood. The shape of what I made, (shape folder) copied, but not shown. 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Techno Robbo! I have tried but not really understood. The shape of what I made, (shape folder) copied, but not shown. 

Make sure you " Save PDN Shape" and copy the resulting xml file to the Shapes Folder. Project files will not appear in the Shape pull down.

Can you post a screen shot of the shapes folder, and the name of your shape?

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Dang....I was going to ask for a higher zoom factor, but didn't want to be a bug. Thanks very much for that! To show my appreciation, I'm going to give you my "Goofy" shape...........

RYaR29L.png

deleted....

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 2

Plane_Sig2.gif

RacerX - You've done a great version of 'Goofy' there! B)

It does make me wonder about copyright issues though?

Big companies like Disney can be a bit over protective about copyright, registered designs etc etc and they can afford good (or evil) lawyers.

Still they don;t know where you live! :lol:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Screw Disney, they've been steeling other's ideas and calling it there own for years now. They like to take public domain stories and copy write them as if they own them. I can draw anything I want, it's not like I'm trying to make money on my drawings.

Freedom of expression is not to be taken lightly. 

• Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif