How to Install Plugins ×

ShapeMaker - by the Dwarf Horde (Jan 30th, 2016)

TechnoRobbo

Yeah, the form size is not increased and the fonts are much too small.

The font must be in the size of the font in the Colors window.

midoras signature.gif

Ah I see. All the screen shots appeared the same size on my screen. I thought it was an alignment issue.I see it's a size issue.

POST EDIT - I'm borrowing a monitor to extend my display so I can see what you see.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Typically you are just doing something like this

using (Graphics g = control.CreateGraphics())
                {
                    _dpiScaleX = g.DpiX / 96.0f;
                    _dpiScaleY = g.DpiY / 96.0f;
                }

in initialization and then multiply your dimensions or positions with these values.

A screen without scaling will return 1 for both.

midoras signature.gif

I got it working using the AutoScaleMode = DPI and tweaking the custom controls.  - the problem is testing at the higher DPI's since the Form is larger than my screen and borrowed screen combined. The image does not fit on 2 screens at 200% using 96DPI screens.

But I have some very promising results. What I will do later on when I get home is send you a Dropbox link to what I'm currently working on and you can let me know or sends me another screen shot to see if it works on your 278DPI screen.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

For some reason I can't save my shape in the paint.net / shapes folder. Aparantly I need to be the PC's administrator to save there (I am the administrator) Latest verson of paint.net running Windows 10.
33tgob8.jpg

Y7O8WRy.png

For some reason I can't save my shape in the paint.net / shapes folder. Aparantly I need to be the PC's administrator to save there (I am the administrator) Latest verson of paint.net running Windows 10.

33tgob8.jpg

Save to your desktop and drag-and-drop the file into your shape directory.

Seriously.

• Upvote 1

Save to your desktop and drag-and-drop the file into your shape directory.

Seriously.

Thank you BoltBait, any reason why I can't save to the direct location ?

Y7O8WRy.png

Hello. :)

Is there only one zoom level? Because when I click on the "Zoom" button it does zoom in, but I often like to zoom SUPER close when I trace images. When tracing/drawing on paint.net's canvas I think I'm often at a zoom percent of %1000 - %2000.

Also, I may have a minor glitch, unless it's my mouse. Sometimes when I click to make a nod, the nod shows up at first, but then disappears pretty quickly as if it was never there, or it blinks a little and then disappears.

Oh! Thank you! I think sometimes I held the mouse button down too long, which simulated the results of double clicking depending on where I had my cursor. :)

I will play around some more. If I still have the issue and it feels more like odd behavior rather than me just being naive, then I'll report back.

This easy way is very very hard. And even slower then it is hard. I guess I can see why. But I think I personally am just going to wait for people to post shapes they make.

ShapeMaker can import SVG shapes- there are tons of these available online.

This easy way is very very hard. And even slower then it is hard. I guess I can see why. But I think I personally am just going to wait for people to post shapes they make.

I'm sorry to hear that Humility. Did you follow the Quick start Guide? Here's a video that may help you get the gist.

• Upvote 3

TRsSig.png?raw=1

I figured out how to use it. Its just for something like this I wouldn't want to spend more than half an hour at it. And with that as my metric its slow. 

Would it be possible for Shape Maker (or another plugin) to have a bitmap tracing ability like Inkscape has? This website shows/explains the functionality a little : http://blog.tiaan.com/link/2009/02/21/vectorize-bitmaps-to-xaml-using-potrace-inkscape

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I think CC4 means the automatic tracing function in Inkscape?

If so, I think the number of points generated could overwhelm shapemaker's & Pdn's number of points limit for any complex shape?
It may be possible to do the automatic tracing in Inkscape then simplify the shape still in Inkscape.
Then export and edit the SVG code - but that would require a good understanding of Inkscape, SVG, xaml and path geometry...
which I don't have. :roll: :D

I would recommend the 'Quadratic bezier' curve (yellow button) for manually tracing around curvy shapes! ;)

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I must admit there's a bit of a learning curve here. Its still somewhat technical but I'll give it a go now.

So as soon as you save the XAML file, the new shape appears on your options of usable shapes without having to restart Paint.NET? Impressive on that one.

So as soon as you save the XAML file, the new shape appears on your options of usable shapes without having to restart Paint.NET? Impressive on that one.

Not that quickly, you have to "Save PDN Shape" and copy the xml into the shapes folder. Page 9 in the Users manual.

Its still somewhat technical but I'll give it a go now.

Shapes aren't  as easy as a drawing. They're a definition of line behavior (behaviour). 

TRsSig.png?raw=1